Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Orc

P99 All the way! Fuck Sony! (Sony i love you for making EQ)
Old 08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Aviak

I'll play it. And this time I'll play it from day 1, unlike EQ2 where I started playing it well after the second expansion. By the time it comes out this server will be well into Velious anyway.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

I see nothing to get excited about, for me anyway.

Re-imagining is a dirty word. When Smed and crew were talking, I was hearing "we're going to reuse a bunch of names and very broad strokes to attract players of a previous game to our game even though it will have virtually no resemblance to that game at all".

This most likely going to be another 72 abilities on 6 hotbars with a global cooldown, all classes play almost the same, hand-holding, easy-mode game. It might be fun. It might have some clever design in a few quests or raids, but at it's best, it will be WoW-like with EQ place names and prettier graphics. If WoW-like was what I wanted, I would still be playing WoW.

I can't wait for a company to really take a chance on a game with novel mechanics. I'm also much more interested in the next sandbox type game. I prefer real freedom of movement (fewer zones that are basically a channel or maze with pretty trees or hills for walls). I prefer having everything reachable or explorable. If there is a building, I expect it to have an interior and a way to get in it (even if it is locked or guarded by something nasty). Anyway, I could go on for way to long on this subject. Maybe I should just design my own game :-). If you're interested in funding my game, I accept PayPal.

Bottom line: I expected very little from EQNext, and even less after listening to that panel.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Orc

I don't know about this. I have very little faith in SOE. Corpse runs will make it hard core? Doesn't WoW have corpse runs? Isn't it the easiest game on the planet?

Easy is not always bad, but it usually becomes boring. Risk vs. reward is lost and people become apathetic and bored. Then they start acting like asshats because of it.

SOE has not impressed me with what they do, but their games still appeal to many so good for them. I enjoyed EQ until they wrecked it, and I enjoyed SWG until they wrecked it. I almost enjoyed EQ2 until I discovered it was already wrecked, and then they wrecked it some more (and this is years ago, not talking about the FTP stuff). Vanguard could have been EQ's true successor. All they had to do was finish it, but instead, they wrecked it. This is all opinion, mind you. I'm crabby today.

Normally, I'd be optimistic, but not with them. I imagine a FreeRealms with an EQ theme. Cash shops and kiddie graphics seems to be their new model (hello Asian MMO market, let us nudge in next to you here). I hope I am wro...naw, I'm right.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderseven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Sony did not make EQ...
Old 08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderseven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sony didn't make EQ, they bought it and destoryed it.

Eyry beat me to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

http://www.massively.com/2010/08/07/...everquest-nex/

Here are the videos If you didn't figure out how to find them.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This means bigger boobs on the female characters.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
This most likely going to be another 72 abilities on 6 hotbars with a global cooldown, all classes play almost the same, hand-holding, easy-mode game. It might be fun. It might have some clever design in a few quests or raids, but at it's best, it will be WoW-like with EQ place names and prettier graphics. If WoW-like was what I wanted, I would still be playing WoW.
They mentioned they whole hot bar global cool down thing in one of the questions and it seemed like they wanted to avoid that type of game play.

While I want this game to be the second coming of EQ I understand that the chances of this being a wow clone are high.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Smedley: what if we had a hardcore server with raiding and corpse runs on its one server?
(huge applause)
/faint

http://eq2wire.com/2010/08/07/live-b...el2/#more-5248
Last edited by Agecroft; 08-09-2010 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Fixed copy/paste apostrophe error
Closed Thread