Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Kobold

IMO hunting in BB without a strong group is just asking for long corpse runs.

The mobs in there are linked like no1s business.

That being said, some of the most fun I have had in a group was elite ledge as its great xp and away from the trains below.

I think there is something to be said of many starting zones and if you know what you are doing a lot can be great. But as a straight up begginer I cant see a better spot than EC (primarily due to mostly friendly mobs and lots of people)
Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not.

I just did my test of patience on the island and the only people I saw were:

- Shamans also doing their test of patience.
- People passing through on the boat.
- Paladins questing for Ro armor.

No one camping wisps or other Kerra critters.
Regarding wisps:
I killed wisps on Erud's Crossing on my shaman when it was level appropriate. The island has an awesome rate of wisps for 1 player, good rate of wisps for equal split amongst 2 players, but if you get there to find a fungi'd out melee with 0.5+ ratio weapons, you just wasted a trip.

NK on the other hand is perfect. You can get a bind right in the middle of the gypsy camp, and there are tons of wisps that wander right next to the camp. The greater lightstone turnin is right there. It's like 3% per GLS even when wisps are only LB/green. If you get a dry spell of wisps, theres tons of grizzlies.

Although the occasional kos roamer might wipe you in NK if you're not careful, the mad hermit guy that spawns on the coast in erud's crossing every hour was a much bigger threat.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO hunting in BB without a strong group is just asking for long corpse runs.

The mobs in there are linked like no1s business.

That being said, some of the most fun I have had in a group was elite ledge as its great xp and away from the trains below.

I think there is something to be said of many starting zones and if you know what you are doing a lot can be great. But as a straight up begginer I cant see a better spot than EC (primarily due to mostly friendly mobs and lots of people)
The beauty of BB is that killing greens/light blues there is better average exp than dark blues almost anywhere else because of the gnoll fang quest. If there's even a slight chance of death, you've gone too deep for your level.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NK on the other hand is perfect. You can get a bind right in the middle of the gypsy camp, and there are tons of wisps that wander right next to the camp. The greater lightstone turnin is right there. It's like 3% per GLS even when wisps are only LB/green. If you get a dry spell of wisps, theres tons of grizzlies.
Was I just really really high in '99-00 or did that bind spot not exist back when?
Old 11-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

With a bit of iksar RP, I love to buy bone chip stacks from the Gfay newbies...hopefully more people do too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Monks will also buy Greater Lightstone for their quest in FP area.

If you are lower starting out in GFay, do the bard mail delivery quest going from Felwithe to Kelethin. I got 9% xp each time at level 6 this morning. Works great for any casters who can gate since you only need to run one way and gate back the other way.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht Farstrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks will also buy Greater Lightstone for their quest in FP area.

If you are lower starting out in GFay, do the bard mail delivery quest going from Felwithe to Kelethin. I got 9% xp each time at level 6 this morning. Works great for any casters who can gate since you only need to run one way and gate back the other way.
Up to about 12gp per turn-in I think, although I thought the quest had been broken... you can't ding from 1-2 in one delivery anymore :/
Old 11-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Aviak

When I first started, I made 200pp by level 10. Just by killing rabid wolves and once I was high enough rabid grizzlies in Qeynos Hills. They drop rabid pelts that can be turned into the cleric guild in North Qeynos.

Rabid wolf pelts get you awesome exp and she gives you 2pp. The rabid grizzly pelts get you exp as well plus 2pp and a spell scroll that sells for almost another 2pp.

The wolfs spawn on the left side of Qeynos hill zone, zoning in from north qeynos. They spawn in the hill area in between the pond and the zone line to Qeynos.

There is one rabid grizzly that walks in front of the Blackburrow entrance. Every time I ran back to Qeynos to turn in gnoll fangs, I would always kill the rabid wolfs. Then as I ran back to the gnolls, they would already be up again. Easiest money you can make at low levels, as well as some of the best exp. The wolfs are only around level 3-5.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Aviak

At level 29, (evil) enchanter can solo nuke Misty Thicket guards. that's 10pp per pull.

Camping the Ancient Cyclops for Journeyman Boots can potentially make more per hour than the above.

Bracer of the Hidden camp or Goblin Gazuki Ring also more per hour, depending.

Paineel guards have no faction hit and die to 1-2 nukes from casters lvl 34+. Hardly any wandering NPCs in their way. These drop around 8pp worth of items. Can sell outside in Tox vendor.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I first started, I made 200pp by level 10. Just by killing rabid wolves and once I was high enough rabid grizzlies in Qeynos Hills. They drop rabid pelts that can be turned into the cleric guild in North Qeynos.

Rabid wolf pelts get you awesome exp and she gives you 2pp. The rabid grizzly pelts get you exp as well plus 2pp and a spell scroll that sells for almost another 2pp.

The wolfs spawn on the left side of Qeynos hill zone, zoning in from north qeynos. They spawn in the hill area in between the pond and the zone line to Qeynos.

There is one rabid grizzly that walks in front of the Blackburrow entrance. Every time I ran back to Qeynos to turn in gnoll fangs, I would always kill the rabid wolfs. Then as I ran back to the gnolls, they would already be up again. Easiest money you can make at low levels, as well as some of the best exp. The wolfs are only around level 3-5.
I did this with my bard and ranger on P99. Still pretty good xp up to 15 or so. The rabid grizzly can also drop the Grizzly Bear Skin. It's been pretty camped lately tho by wizards in their teens every time I've been back there.
Closed Thread