Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Kobold

You're right I don't remember everything about sky after 11 years, it's astounding you guys remember all the "exploits" (quotes because I'm definitely not saying they are illegal within our rules) that you do. However, I do completely understand what was happening with the protector. The point I'm trying to make is that at that moment while you were kiting him and rezing half your dead raid you WERE NOT READY TO ENGAGE him.

We have a completely new set of rules in place. Instead of shitting up this thread with your arrogant douche baggery, how about we try to establish what the rules are?

If it is okay to kite a raid mob in sky until your guild is ready, is it okay to kite any other raid mob until your guild is ready?

Is there a certain number of people that need to be present to make this acceptable?
Last edited by Samuel; 08-15-2010 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Banned

I really just wish all the guilds that like to come here and complain how shitty the rules are or how great the rules are or just plain complaining on each other.....

Would meet up in real life and have an epic battle. Kinda like the fight between news stations in Anchor Man. Except more blood.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right I don't remember everything about sky after 11 years, it's astounding you guys remember all the "exploits" (quotes because I'm definitely not saying they are illegal within our rules) that you do. However, I do completely understand what was happening with the protector. The point I'm trying to make is that at that moment while you were kiting him and rezing half your dead raid you WERE NOT READY TO ENGAGE him.

We have a completely new set of rules in place. Instead of shitting up this thread with your arrogant douche baggery, how about we try to establish what the rules are?

If it is okay to kite a raid mob in sky until your guild is ready, is it okay to kite any other raid mob until your guild is ready?

Is there a certain number of people that need to be present to make this acceptable?
Oh but when you guys wiped to dojorn like fifty fucking times and we took him on the first try you argued that you still had claim to him just for being near his spawn point while CRing?
Old 08-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
However, I do completely understand what was happening with the protector.
Samuel you still don't get it, but that's okay, I won't spell it out for you. When you figure it out, or more likely when somebody finally tells you, come apologize.

Also, I'm pretty sure half an IB raid could kill protector of sky.
Last edited by girth; 08-16-2010 at 03:30 AM..
Old 08-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yea you're right I guess we should've killed Protector then cleared the rest of the Azaracks with Sirrian around us......

that's what the #1 guild would do right?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Just curious. This mob that was being kited while the entire raid was being rezed... was it not summoning?
What was the name of the mob?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Basically, don't be a douche bag.
And here is where the problem lies. If there is anything we've learned from all the attempts to make raid rules that please everyone, it's that people (especially those raiding on this server) are douche bags. And in general, the bigger the douche bag, the more successful he will be.

I like the FTE rule since it essentially puts a small structure around FFA. And since acting like douche bags is what the raiding masses do best, this will at least play to their strengths.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Week 1:

Transcendence - Lord Nagafen
Divinity - Lady Vox
Remedy - Innorruuk
IB - Cazic Thule
You forgot to include Eminence; which could and would take down any of those targets.

Also, I'm sure Sapientia/Vesica Dei would want in.

I know it was just an example, but with a Rotation... you are going to have to include all raiding capable guilds.... not just the one's who were willing to Poopsock.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious. This mob that was being kited while the entire raid was being rezed... was it not summoning?
What was the name of the mob?
1: There were only a handful of people dead. No more than you could count on one hand.

2: No, it was not summoning as it had not been damaged which was part of a much larger plan that Samuel and DA didn't seem to realize until after their first encounter with Sirran the Lunatic on azarack isle.

3: Lets move back on topic and quit picking hairs.

These raid rules are as classic as we are going to get. Those of you complaining about leapfrogging on CT and whatever else could possibly happen with you clearing for hours then losing your mob, where were you back in classic times? The drama coming from mobs being 'stolen' is one of the things that makes Everquest what it is. You carebears who can't handle that should go play WoW or make your own EQ server like Tibador is trying to and make up your own rules.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Banned

Sorry, Otto, but this whole "FTE/FFA are classic, everything else is not" isn't true whatsoever. There were plenty of instances where GMs were involved and even had straight rotations enforced with hammers. Whether you agree with the rules or not is a separate issue. Frankly I think they're a huge improvement over what we had before, but there are nevertheless some issues that need to be worked out.

Such as:

is it 15+ in aggro range? or is it 1 in aggro range for pull and 14+ sitting in engagement area?

When a guild drops under 15 do the other guilds have a right to engage immediately?

Is kiting with just a couple of people waiting for raid to prep considered an engagement at all?

These are the types of things that the guilds themselves went over and ironed out (granted, there were flaws as well). I don't see why that shouldn't happen again.
Closed Thread