Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is your god bitches, now get back to work!
They Live is a good movie

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talk as a tyrant because atheism has no morals
Incorrect - society has evolved a secular morality that is morally superior to any religion that espouses iron age savagery. Societies that are sufficiently evolved will never countenance the imposition of relgious morals on that society - thats why most Western people consider Islamic Sharia law barbaric.

If not we would still be keeping slaves, killing our children by stoning if they don't honor their parents, and stoning adulterers and homosexuals. Its unfortunate that there are people (e.g. Tea Party nutcases) who would actually go back to morality as set forth in the Bible, but those of us who have a well developed secular morality (eg atheists and religious people who choose to ignore most of the Bible) will not permit such backsliding.

Religious morals is an oxymoron.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Google "laryngeal nerve of the giraffe" (which is obviously the most obvious evidence of the sheer stupidity of intelligent design - also present in "perfect" humans) and explain to me how routing a nerve from the head around the heart back into the head is "intelligent". Why are humans built such that we can't breathe and swallow at the same time? Choking used to be the largest source of accidental death in children, are you saying god designed people so millions of kids died on purpose?
Great post, I lol'd.

Why are human beings built such that there's a waste pipeline right in the middle of a recreation area? God must be a civil engineer.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 11-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect - society has evolved a secular morality that is morally superior to any religion that espouses iron age savagery. Societies that are sufficiently evolved will never countenance the imposition of relgious morals on that society - thats why most Western people consider Islamic Sharia law barbaric.

If not we would still be keeping slaves, killing our children by stoning if they don't honor their parents, and stoning adulterers and homosexuals. Its unfortunate that there are people (e.g. Tea Party nutcases) who would actually go back to morality as set forth in the Bible, but those of us who have a well developed secular morality (eg atheists and religious people who choose to ignore most of the Bible) will not permit such backsliding.

Religious morals is an oxymoron.

Regards,
Mg
I love everything you say, please give us more and educate the ignorant.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You talk as a tyrant because atheism has no morals
Tell me more about how the fear of God is the only thing keeping you from killing people.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boggwin, your chosen profession is an admirable one, but I agree with those flaming you that your education doesn't qualify you to make broad scientific statements.
For one, I gave an opinion, not a broad scientific statement. I stated nothing as fact in my original post. Second, my point on hard science dealt with the widely regarded degree in which sciences are measured. Again, Hard science being natural sciences and Soft science being social sciences. I am not referring to degrees of hardness or softness. So don't worry, you all are still "uber bestest" when it come to being to most hardcore of science nerds. I to be honest, I never thought I would convert an Atheist on an EQ emu server message board. I still think you are wrong, but I am not belittling you for thinking that way. And I am not attack you personally.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

No ones attacking you, we're just asking you to sit at the kids table while the adults talk about boring stuff.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

Just my opinion =D
Old 11-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having taken Med School level Anatomy and the health care nursing Physiology, I have come to a conclusion that nothing in the design of the human body is by chance or mistake. It is a perfect computer/machine, with built in fail-safes, etc. I can never believe that over time we "evolved" from anything. The odds that the design of human bodies developed from some cellular organism swimming in primordial soup, is ridiculous. I am certain that this applies to all life. It had to be created by intelligent design. You may call it something other than God, but to deny it is foolish, and in my opinion, uneducated.
This seems at odds with your last post.
Closed Thread