Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blindly religious folk tend to demonstrate the danger of religion in a very clear way. Your inability to think critically or adequately defend your own arguments is the consequence of your damaged brain twisting reality to fit your fairytale beliefs. Christians don't believe evolutionists have real evidence because their minds can't view anything objectively anymore. As the arguments against theism becomes more clearly and openly articulated, the mental gymnastics required to continue believing in archaic fantasies increases. Religion was entirely reasonable 100 years ago. Today, its just not something that an educated person should be able to believe.
It's going to be really hilarious how people in about 1000 years view our current culture. Everything from our religions to our political views are going to seem utterly ludicrous and silly.

I'm sure they'll understand how we could be so ignorant, just as we have some understanding how people 1000 years ago could be so ignorant as to believe some man in the sky was responsible for plagues. I mean, they just didn't have any way to know what a virus or bacteria is.

Of course, apparently we have young nurses who still believe this today. I mean, since all life is created by god, then diseases must be attributed to the magical bearded fellow in the sky, yes?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's going to be really hilarious how people in about 1000 years view our current culture. Everything from our religions to our political views are going to seem utterly ludicrous and silly.

I'm sure they'll understand how we could be so ignorant, just as we have some understanding how people 1000 years ago could be so ignorant as to believe some man in the sky was responsible for plagues. I mean, they just didn't have any way to know what a virus or bacteria is.

Of course, apparently we have young nurses who still believe this today. I mean, since all life is created by god, then diseases must be attributed to the magical bearded fellow in the sky, yes?
And here it ends with the "hard" science nerds beating off to each other, praising the other for awesome they are at disproving nothing. The funny thing is that the burden is on you to disprove God. Science works like that. But you cannot. No scientist has ever been able to. So in step with science, you must admit that there is the possibilty that God exist. If you deny that, you are not truly scientist. Opps!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

true, even richard dawkins doesnt go full retard atheist
Old 11-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Kobold

And as a side note, can the "Hard" science Gods of RNF please direct me to your published works. I would be interested in reading them. Do you have published works? Or are you just taking some classes? Or maybe you work in the field of science, but you just don't really do much other than spout off crap your teachers told you when you were in school? Just wondering where you fall in the realm of science.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

they just mindlessly parrot the bullshit their biology 101 community college professor says
Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Where we fall in the realm of science is we have enough of a cursory understanding to know that intelligent design is a complete and utter crock of horse shit. You don't need a doctorate to know that.

It is factually wrong, and more and more of it disappears every day. You don't see the "world is 6,000~ years old" claim nearly as much as you used to. That used to be a big one.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggwin Bramblefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the burden is on you to disprove God. Science works like that.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

That is not how "science works".
Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they just mindlessly parrot the bullshit their biology 101 community college professor says
I lol'd
Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where we fall in the realm of science is we have enough of a cursory understanding to know that intelligent design is a complete and utter crock of horse shit. You don't need a doctorate to know that.
So you have never been published? Wow, and here I thought you were this hardcore science dude. I feel a little let down now. II am beginning to think r00T is right. You just mindlessly parrot the crap your Community College O Chem adjunct teacher is feeding you. Wow, you sure showed me.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't see the "world is 6,000~ years old" claim nearly as much as you used to. That used to be a big one.
And you don't see the "maggots spontaneously appear from meat left out for days" either. Yep, that was a biggie in the scientific realms.
Closed Thread