Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just curious though. You're getting awfully wound up at attacking Zeelot/Alarti/Eccezan but... they aren't banned.

Shouldn't you guys be going after Internode/Froovy?

For instance, when Bill Clinton got caught, did you call up your local congressmen and rip them out?

I can't prove that A/E/Z didn't know about this going on, but given Rogean's investigation... the people on top seem very clean in all this. I'd also like to think those guys control what does and doesn't happen in the guild to the best of their ability. Doesn't that make the guild's leadership clean in all this?

More and more I see people doing anything and everything propaganda-wise to secure high end pixels for themselves. No one is asking the right questions like how did this bug occur? What can we do better as players to recognize and eliminate it in the future?
Sadly, its all about "ban them so I can't take mobs now".
It is TMO policy to report suspected RMT'ers hackers 2boxxers etc to the GM's. I have done it myself on more than 1 occasion. Froovy completely slipped out net. Probably one of the most liked people in TMO in guild and out.
We been had!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

I'd have more sympathy for Zeelot, Eccezan, and the others were it not for unbelievable and embarrassing victim mentality they and their ilk have been vomiting... and the utter failure to take even a shred of responsibility or admit even indirect guilt. It's disappointing.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just curious though. You're getting awfully wound up at attacking Zeelot/Alarti/Eccezan but... they aren't banned.

Did you even read Rogean's post? This is about more than just the recent exploits of a few. There is an entire section on the raid scene, which is pretty unrelated to the exploiting. Shit has been building for a while and nobody is really happy with how the raiding scene is going. And if we want to dole out culpability, the guild leader of the top guild on server has to take the lion's share of it. And the attitude on display by these people only confirms the rest of the server's belief that these shitbags are the prime cause of the problem. A problem which Rogean went out of his way to give the players a chance to remedy on their own.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

For instance, when Bill Clinton got caught, did you call up your local congressmen and rip them out?

I can't prove that A/E/Z didn't know about this going on, but given Rogean's investigation... the people on top seem very clean in all this. I'd also like to think those guys control what does and doesn't happen in the guild to the best of their ability. Doesn't that make the guild's leadership clean in all this?

More and more I see people doing anything and everything propaganda-wise to secure high end pixels for themselves. No one is asking the right questions like how did this bug occur? What can we do better as players to recognize and eliminate it in the future?
I'm personally not asking for Zeelot or anyone to get banned (aside from those responsible for the dupe exploit of course), the primary thing I'm questioning is their poor attitudes amidst all this. Between Eccezan throwing a tantrum and calling everyone scum and making shtity comments like "enjoy killing Tranix for 2 weeks," and Zeelot threatening Rogean with disbanding TMO, this whole thing has been grossly mishandled. The best thing the leadership could have done to maintain TMO's integrity would be to just apologize for this situation, lay low and quiet for a couple weeks, and then come back for raids allowing the server to forget about it. This sort of toxic diatribe over the past 12 hours (fueled by both TMO and anti-TMO) does have a negative impact on the server.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Banned

Turn the tables and its FE/IB who had the dupers in it.

To be fair to the other side, I'd see the same out of the other guild's leadership. Praising the GMs for finally weeding out the scum, insisting permanent bans and a guild disband etc.

Try to take a minute as the outside party and think about (especially if you are a leader/officer) if you got the news this morning that this had happened to your guild. You had no idea it was going on (probably considering it never touched the guild bank). How would you respond? The same way. You would indeed feel victimized.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So you could have all the geared out people "you hate" in your own guild to secure an advantage?

What does that make you? The same as them?

Yeah, it does.

Every single one of you that I see beating on your chests is just as bad as them with the pixel lust. They're just willing to go into work with 3 hours of sleep (read try harder) to get it. Is that sick? To me, yes. However, that's the same intention just with more effort put into it.
Except that the recent announcement of an agreement between the remaining top guilds to improve the raid environment here completely destroys your "you = them" theory. Seriously, just stop talking while you have a shred of credibility left. Or you can continue your TMO-fanboi spree and go down on the sinking ship with the rest of the rats.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Because TMO didn't come out with the same attitude. Once TMO members started posting, it was hatred towards Rogean and other posters, not regretful that one of their own had shat on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Brubru

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 12-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Orc

Quote:

I agree, however the behaviour of TMO leadership at the moment is just so abhorrent and hilarious to watch that it is worth making fun of.

However, having known these people faaaar longer than most of the players on this server and knowing their personalities and character makes watching them stomp around and throw a tantrum all the more amusing.

As I said before, it also helps that Froovy/Internode are not saying anything and throwing said tantrums on the forums, it's the TMO leadership that is.

Satisfying.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Thats bs nirgon. I would hope we wouldn't absorb any of them. Hell, especially the ones that left us for there pixel lust. We never had a problem raiding, we had problems with stooping to there level of douchebaggery while raiding.

Trust me, I never saw tmo as a skilled guild. Tenasious mabey, but not skilled. Zergging was supposed to be for starcraft.
Closed Thread