Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Interesting read. Makes me kind of excited about Velious (had never experienced that content on Live since I never got past level 20). The only thing that makes me apprehensive about Velious is that the itemization seems really boring - it seems like a lot of the items are so powerful that it removes any sense of nuance or choice in your characters. Like people talking all the time about how easy it is to max out your stats with Velious gear. Even Kunark has stupid items like Necklace of Superiority that just give + to all stats, but not as many of them, at least.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftInTheNight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1
Old 01-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting read. Makes me kind of excited about Velious (had never experienced that content on Live since I never got past level 20). The only thing that makes me apprehensive about Velious is that the itemization seems really boring - it seems like a lot of the items are so powerful that it removes any sense of nuance or choice in your characters. Like people talking all the time about how easy it is to max out your stats with Velious gear. Even Kunark has stupid items like Necklace of Superiority that just give + to all stats, but not as many of them, at least.
True, but there are around 40 raid targets.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When stats get close to maxxed out, people will start being able to mix in good sets of resist gear and still come close to capping certain stats. Sure you get great items, but mobs go from having 32k to 300k+ hp.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Sarnak

Good article
Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When stats get close to maxxed out, people will start being able to mix in good sets of resist gear and still come close to capping certain stats. Sure you get great items, but mobs go from having 32k to 300k+ hp.
Sadly this caused the item inflation that has plagued mmo's ever since, every xpac saw items and mobs get progressively stronger and stronger and stronger, etc..

A great example would be in the Planes of Power xpac, just 5 level difference mind you not the 10 that was Kunark's bump, compare Plane of Time to Veeshan's Peak. Both the item's dropping there and the raid boss hp/abilities was ridiculous.

It's like the Die Hard movies, the director/producers for some stupid reason thought each had to get progressively bigger. McClane/Building > McClane/Airport > McClane/NEW YORK > MCCLANE/RUSSIA
Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The ring war was bugged for 11 years in live. It was very doable but a very temperamental event. Shawl event got ft upgrade event in iceclad during luclin.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ring war was bugged for 11 years in live. It was very doable but a very temperamental event. Shawl event got ft upgrade event in iceclad during luclin.
Well, I can see how hard it would be to code hundreds of giants running toward a zone and if one makes it the encounter is over. Sounds like a coding mess. They would have to figure out spawn times, a "endzone" and all sorts of stuff for every single mob.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Aviak

Great read! Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Aviak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's very important, so everyone won't mind waiting til its well tested and bug free... right guys? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Was an interesting read.
The game is already free and now you want the bugs free too? A little selfish don't you think?
Closed Thread