Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

This isn't rnf.... also, confirmed mad. ^^
Old 01-09-2014, 03:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't rnf.... also, confirmed mad. ^^
Aw look, another WoW reply. How non-cliche of you. Really though, what an intelligent fucking response and a worthy addition to a discussion. Keep leading the flag like the other 99% of the community here.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wanted to add that the token system is such a stupid fucking idea and that the people suggesting it should probably play another game. years of watered down games has watered down your brain in regard to competitive gaming. Leave.
Find a better plan that let's everyone enjoy the 15 year old game. Your genius 'do nothing plan' is obviously not working out that well.

BTW, EQ live is in its 15th year and currently has 17 servers + a beta and a test server. They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players... Doing nothing doesn't keep people playing the same game for 15 years. Also, More than 50% of p99 agrees that the level of 'competitive raiding' here sucks giant donkey dicks. According to you, it is clear that half of the people trying to have fun don't know what fun is...

Additionally, the raid content in EQ got progressively harder with the addition of scripted events and triggered sequences. The first few expansions were, by and large, tank and spank raid encounters. Many raid encounters further down the line are MUCH more difficult to execute. While the pvp competition was reduced the pve competition blossomed.

Finally, competitive gaming is currently at its peak. The amount of people playing PvP games has never been higher. I don't know how you can dumb down PvP games because you are playing against people, and there is always a winner/loser. My suggestion is that if you want to play a PvE game where you are secretly PvPing by racing, go play Forza or NFS...
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find a better plan that let's everyone enjoy the 15 year old game. Your genius 'do nothing plan' is obviously not working out that well.

BTW, EQ live is in its 15th year and currently has 17 servers + a beta and a test server. They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players... Doing nothing doesn't keep people playing the same game for 15 years. Also, More than 50% of p99 agrees that the level of 'competitive raiding' here sucks giant donkey dicks. According to you, it is clear that half of the people trying to have fun don't know what fun is...

Additionally, the raid content in EQ got progressively harder with the addition of scripted events and triggered sequences. The first few expansions were, by and large, tank and spank raid encounters. Many raid encounters further down the line are MUCH more difficult to execute. While the pvp competition was reduced the pve competition blossomed.

Finally, competitive gaming is currently at its peak. The amount of people playing PvP games has never been higher. I don't know how you can dumb down PvP games because you are playing against people, and there is always a winner/loser. My suggestion is that if you want to play a PvE game where you are secretly PvPing by racing, go play Forza or NFS...
Are you all females or something? Jesus christ. Writing me a god damn story book about what again?

1. The "do nothing" plan doesn't work because there's crybabies like you who think they're entitled to a spawn in an emulated video game, rather than just accepting EQ for what it is and always has been, thereby also inadvertently pissing off the GMs by complaining about what's right and wrong on a server that you don't own.

2. Thanks for telling me about raiding.

3. Thanks for missing my point of competition entirely. Were we talking about PVP or gathering a mass quick enough and organized enough to sweep most of the mobs in the game?

Cool
Old 01-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are not the arbitor of knowing what the Dev's /GMs are sick and tired of.

You are just as bad as anyone on the other side of the coin wanting "free merbs".

Please continue to draw conclusions on things you could know nothing about.

Both sides are like children. At least I could tell my children "Hey share" and it happens.

The more I see this, the more I see that none of this could possibly come to any conclusion without dictation. The situation is untenable, because of ego and general
pitifullness. Full of pity. Tragic. Dismal. Appalling.

Every single one of you that keep bringing this immature mindset and want to dribble their little "opinion", can have their characters stripped and de-leveled to 1.

None of this is funny anymore. It's just piteous.
If two people are bitching and complaining about something totally irrelevant to the chaperone attending the situation, what happens? Do you think the GMs give a shit which guild gets what item? No. Do they give a shit if we all just get along? Yes.

Know why??? Because they created this server out of the love for the game, as silly as that sounds, that's what it is. Did they envision a bunch of grown men crying over fucking dragons? NOPE! Is it annoying? YUP!!

However I agree with completely starting over
Old 01-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They abandoned competition based raiding in year 4 with expansion 6 of 20. Clearly they found that alienating large bases of their population was not fun for the players...
What are you even babbling about here? I must have skipped over this crock of nonsense. Who gives a shit? Do you play P1999 to play the 14th expansion, or do you play P1999 to get the Classic feel bad, as classic as it can get?

I doubt majority of the people even played EQ past the 5th expansion. EQ was like a band who came out with really good CDs and sold out. Whaddya know, a different company USED to run the damn game!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCranston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instancing the raids a bad thing?

yes

Only to a sociopath who thinks EQ actually had competition when it came to PvE beyond Worldwide firsts and Serverwide firsts.

No
Old 01-09-2014, 05:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you even babbling about here? I must have skipped over this crock of nonsense. Who gives a shit? Do you play P1999 to play the 14th expansion, or do you play P1999 to get the Classic feel bad, as classic as it can get?

I doubt majority of the people even played EQ past the 5th expansion. EQ was like a band who came out with really good CDs and sold out. Whaddya know, a different company USED to run the damn game!
That's part of the problem, look at the dates for EQ expansions, if the timeline was the same, we'd be in LDoN by now. I'm not saying any of us want this, but the fact remains that you can't have the same classic experience because part of that classic experience was a limitation of time.

I'd be curious to see a classic breakdown of population and levels at Velious launch just to see how not classic the current situation is. You can't relive the past, but we can all have fun killing dragons without being precious, entitled and/or greedy children in doing so. Pretty sure we can accomplish this without having to wipe the server every year or two.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Please keep this shit in RnF.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

Deru clean up your language please.
Closed Thread