Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Here's my info, it doesn't really answer what you asked so I apologize if this is useless information:

1) I took a break about 10 months ago. I had been passing through TT since a few months before then, and I encountered the desync issue very frequently. At this time the only internet service available to me was some crappy wireless broadband stuff, so my latency wasn't great.

During that break I upgraded to cable, and I'm pretty close to the server now so I get really low ping normally. I haven't experienced the TT desync since, and it's like night and day since the last time I played. The ONLY thing that changed was my ISP (and my ping). Same PC, same EQ install, etc.

2) Whenever I enter TT (even now, with no desync issue) the zone is fine for about a half or a full second, and then my FPS drops to near nothing for a second or two, and then everything goes back to normal again. This doesn't happen in any other zone in the game, not sure if it's related but it is strange.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

DISCLAIMER: I don't know exactly which months. But here is the info I have.

I noticed it on 05-08-2013 and reported it in http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...=Issues&page=5 thread the same day.

Unfortunately, I think it might have started earlier than that. I didn't even try to get to TT until I was going to do my monk's epic. Was quite a surprise for me, lol.

I'm really happy to see this is getting some attention and I wish I could help more.

One note, I'm on an overseas connection and I'm also having those connection issues (not getting past server select/not seeing server select/no characters sometimes/hanging connection/not being able to log in whatsoever/etc.) that are floating around the Technical Discussion forums with my main internet connection. With that issue, I am able to play with my 3G connection, but not with my main ISP. However, TT is screwed up with both connections.
Last edited by Spacebar; 01-17-2014 at 11:23 PM..
Old 01-18-2014, 01:44 AM
Aviak

Default TT Desync

I never had a problem with Trakanon's Teeth prior to a patch in February 2013.
Since that patch I haven't been able to use TT properly.

The symptoms I experience after zoning into TT are:
Latency appears normal (250ish), I try to use an item like Jboots to see whether I'm desynching, if I am they don't work and my ping slowly starts to rise by around 1000 every minute or so until it reaches 8-9000 then I get disconnected (this usually allows me enough time to run to seb orb and /q). Sometimes however I use my Jboots and they work immediately and my ping goes up to around 1000 then stabilises and starts to come back down. This happens around 1 in 20 times I zone in to TT.

The patch I am referring to that broke TT for me was one of the following.

It was either v26:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98585

or v27:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98761

Unfortunately they were only 1 day apart so I don't know which of the 2 it was, but looking at the size of the 2 patches I would assume it was v26.

Other people were experiencing the issue prior to this however so I'm not sure how helpful this information will be.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Sarnak

Only had this issue in europe, never in america.. weirdly enough.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Kobold

February-March 3013
Old 01-18-2014, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

I heard about the problem long before I ever experienced it. TT was always a sluggish zone and I assumed it was because of the size, but I experienced the sluggishness even more once I actually experienced some real desync issues (after hearing about the problem for 6+ months).
Old 01-18-2014, 06:43 AM
Banned

When the secrets eqmac patch went out for PC, It was fine. Maybe a month or two later it was fucked.

Starting wireshark, and leaving it running lets me play in TT about 70% of the time. Without it I can not. Seems to be an issue with the packet crap thats being sent as part of the anti cheat stuff.

Maybe switch the anti cheat/MQ2/SEQ stuff off for a day or 12 hrs, and let some of us who experience the problem know what day/time and to go and test it out? Only likely thing I can think of.

I had zero problems, ever with the zone. Now its TT, and whnever a bard is doing a big AE kite in a zone like plane of fear, OT, DL etc. I desync when im within maybe 800-1000/loc of the train.

Ive tried 5 countries, over a dozen seperate computers, multiple backups and fresh installs, multiple internet provisions from satellite in the middle of the ocean, to a fibre connection in CBD Brisbane australia, GSM/3g/4g, DSL, etc etc. Literally 5 countries though for the same problem.

Wireshark oddly enough also works when streaming off iphone as a wifi, when connected by USB, and while using a usb ethernet plug and any random net from the wall in an office which is cool.

So look into the anti cheat however that works, and also a software toggle to do what wireshark does from within eq (NIC promiscuous mode)
Old 01-18-2014, 06:47 AM
Banned

Agree with Jeremy it was always sluggish, but Ive camped PS many times, done plennty of TT farming etc. Then sometime while or shortly before IB was on eqmac it went to shit.

What I never experienced was the desyncing around a kite, ever. I could kite all of plane of fear on my cleric with zero lag, now if I pick a kite up, or it comes within view range I desync and LD.

Geographically, Australian, south american including brazil, argentina, southern european/middle east/north africa, and south africa are copping it worst.

As for epics patch. I did plenty of time in TT around epics and never had an issue, we were actively running through TT a lot, it would ring well in my mind if there was an issue around this period. Also possibly not at the start of the anti cheat coding, im not sure if you refined or modified it much but I know around the time people got delevelled I was still able to play in TT for a period.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 AM
Banned

For those experiencing it, download and install wireshark, click yes to everything, load it up and then load eq and go to TT. Report back. 27mb file and should take you 10mins tops to test it. Try with logging on or off, doesnt seem to make an appreciable difference in success rate for me.

I cant see if its a adding more latency with any arruracy as where i am now is such a fuckhole for internet you just dont know what causes the issues minute to minute.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know if this helps at all but I recently bought a new laptop.

The older one - TT dsync 100%
The newer one - TT dsync Never

Same internet connection