Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Orc

Default New Evil Char, Fang Quest?

Hey guys,

Started up my first char on this server and my first EQ char in 12 years last night. I have rolled an Ogre SK. I was hoping to get through a few levels killing gnolls in and around BB for old time's sake (this was my favourite place to level lowbies back on live). Is the gnoll fang quest doable as an Ogre SK after having killed enough of the gnolls to get faction up or is the Qeynos warrior guild faction not linked to gnolls? Also is it possible to navigate through Qeynos once dubious to guards or are there other factions that will make it impossible for me to get around the city safely as a lowbie evil (for example, I'm thinking there were bard guild NPCs at zoneline between North and South Qeynos IIRC)? Any help appreciated.

IG name: Ipesh.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Aviak

Dunno if you can get faction high enough to do the quest, but after killing hundreds of gnolls there were still some roaming mobs that were part of the cleric guilds faction that would kos my erudite sk

You can probably get high enough to over come class and deity since I could turn in on cz erudite SK
Last edited by element08; 01-27-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Kobold

Caleban,

I feel your pain and shared your reservations - I too hunt the Qeynos area as a noobie, regardless of class/race. Let me answer this way, as of ~1 year ago as an Ogre SK (since some of the factions may changed):
1) Killing gnolls will eventually make you non-KOS to merchants and guards in Qeynos, making it marginally safer to get around in un-invis'ed. You will still be subject to the whims of the clerics in North Qeynos.
2) Unfortunately South Qeynos is still very dangerous. The paladins, bard and intel caster guilds will hunt and skin you and laugh about it as they booze up at the nearest tavern. You can partially solve this problem by turning in the gnoll fangs IN WOLF FORM (ask a druid) and taking the stones on to the Fish's Ale. This series will help you become non KOS with the clerics/Paladins, but hurts your corrupt guards faction so eventually they will KOS you.

As far as I know, there is no perfect way to make everyone happy in Qeynos for an Ogre SK. Ive tried balancing factions but there always seems to be someone out to kill you. Also, Halas is out - they kill wolf form Ogre SK's, so you cant even turn the fangs in up there.

Best case scenario, you become non KOS to guards, merchants, monks, and stay nonkos to corrupt guards and bloodsabers. If you worry about making the others happy, everyone will turn on you.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Once you get to where the Clerics and the Warriors/Guards don't want to kill you, you can go to the potion shop in SouthQ and turn in bat fur, rat whiskers and fire beetle eyes to get faction with the int casters. After that I think you only have to worry about the corrupt guards, but they're all low level so I just stop and kill them when they agro. No one assists them.

One thing I will caution is that the higher faction you get with the good guys the lower your faction with the evil people in the Qeynos Catacombs. Eventually you won't be able to buy new spells down there so try and stock up. I forget which quest turn in lowers this, but since level 5 I've gone from amiable to dubious.

It takes a TON to get non-KOS with the int casters and this was all done as a Erudite Necro which probably has the best starting faction status' of any evil race/class. As a true evil race + evil class, it would be very hard.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Kobold

I take it that it's even worse for Iksars?
Just started an Iksar Necro, and man do I miss Qeynos starting area lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

fob is a necro's best friend
Old 01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Orc

Thanks for the help, I think I might pull the trigger on this once I figure out how to get there from Feerott area (it's been so long I am still quite lost when it comes to travelling there, where to bind in the area etc). The xp is just so much better and the gnolls so much fun to slaughter, it makes it worth taking the risk and hoping to find a kind druid to wolf me once I've outgrown the place.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

I have always though if you are going to be Evil might as well make a Iksar. They are hated by EVERYONE except their home town. Faction what faction lol. So you just kill everyone. No problem. With FD on a Necro, Monk, SK it really helps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread