Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

While I agree we need to get this encounter more defined....

it makes zero sense for guilds that do not currently raid Sky to worry ab Noble.

he is a glorified quest npc where 90% of his loot is used to complete Isle 7 quests in PoS.

If he is given a R/C/FFA, Id like to see the R guilds who currently do not raid sky, get on the sky schedule before they pencil themselves in for Noble Dojorn.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

I am not sure Rogean's script would handle something like Noble. His spawn works differently (which is why we are talking about this whole business). For example, what happens if two Nobles are up at the same time?
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Make it simple like CT / Draco, and not try to over-complicate the situation. 2 nobles up at same time = both FFA. Might suck and not make sense, but it should be very simple to 'script'. And how often are we talking about this happening?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

With Velious in Beta asking them to configure and test the raid system with adding Noble seems a bit overkill...

We have plenty of info here (8 pages) for the Sky guilds to agree to a PLAYERS agreement:

From the cease fire of OoA to the handling of Dojo pops.

Problem is not all guilds are even commenting on this which causes the situation to linger and live in greyness

Its more beneficial to some to say nothing, kill as many Dojo as possible and worry ab the system later. This is why we need to either scrap this and go back to before or figure/hammer out a PLAYERS agreement with how the extra spawns are handled.

This is not being done so 1 guild can get an extra 4 Nobles per week, and if that becomes the norm then you will not see the OoAs up for long.
Last edited by Erati; 03-05-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its more beneficial to some to say nothing, kill as many Dojo as possible and worry ab the system later. This is not being done so 1 guild can get an extra 4 Nobles per week, and if that becomes the norm then you will not see the OoAs up for long.
This is the problem. None of the current guilds who ARE getting Noble's have any interest in making any agreement that lowers their pixil gain. The "Leave the OOAs up and we ALL get more Nobles" is a lie, as we have seen. Its a way of mitigating the gain of those who don't want to click fest while leaving more uncontested merbs for those who will. In their eyes its a 100% Win/Win to ignore this thread completely and keep doing what they are doing.

That being said, those who want change have no card to play without GM enforcement, other then deny the OOAs until an agreement is established. The only ones who suffer are those who are currently benefiting. We Having seen that there could, in fact, be a benefit to every guild, should we keep the OOAs up. If there is a threat to kill them then I think we will all see an incentive to come to an agreement.

I fully recommend enacting Lysistrata until an agreement is made.
Last edited by bktroost; 03-05-2014 at 05:57 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

So just for clarity here, my understanding is:

1 noble killed by Taken the sunday before last
OOA/HoV killed by FE right before Rogean rebooted the server
1 noble killed by ? (7-day spawn)
1 noble killed by A-Team (patch)
2 nobles killed by Divinity (3-day) today

It's hard to see why you guys are quite so upset.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

So are we suppose to contest Noble everyday with this agreement?

The entire reason Taken supported this was to get rid of 100 man click fests we were experiencing.

If there are no ground rules for these extra Noble pops, it will turn back into click fest.

You dont see click fests right now bc the R guilds dont wanna step on each others toes. However this mechanic, without ground rules, has potential to b a daily click fest for anyone who has the timer.

We want to avoid that. We need ground rules, we need structure, we need an agreement or there is none....
Last edited by Erati; 03-05-2014 at 06:31 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Look, I think we want the same things. My hope is that the server is stable for a few weeks, we get 6 OOAs up and 20+ nobles per week and everyone gets a few on their sky night. Unfortunately, the server has not been stable.

I'm just saying that you (and AG) both seem very upset about things and I'm not sure why. So far a) it hasn't been a clickfest and b) the distribution of nobles seems far more equitable than it was before. And hopefully it will be getting better, not worse. So, honest question, why are you guys so unhappy?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Aviak

I haven't been around very much, but I believe they are unhappy because another guild decided to come up and kill the mob on their sky nights, while they were there.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't been around very much, but I believe they are unhappy because another guild decided to come up and kill the mob on their sky nights, while they were there.
Here's the thing. I know that I have no desire to derail a sky progression in the middle of the raid because Noble Dojorn popped and we have everyone breaking into island 5. If I knew that the Noble was uncontested because he popped during my guild's time slot then I could keep doing what I want and have someone pull him when things calm down. The guild's that I have spoken with also don't want to be forced to keep a person sitting on 1.5 all night with the goal of clickfesting or even snipe preventing to ensure they get the Noble that popped during their guild's night.

If we get more nobles... 100,000 more nobles... but get sniped everytime because we don't desire being forced into contesting other guild's snipe attempts then how does that benefit anyone but the guild's doing the sniping?

No one wants a clickfest--agreed. But it seems some people want straight FFA for every noble pop ever and, I don't think its that hard to believe, some class R guilds don't want that. No one wants to be jumped or steamrolled and honestly I just don't think its fun to steamroll other people. Its a game to me and I think playing rudely, regardless of a lack of rule clarification, is just plainly not fun.

**EDIT: Splorf, your count doesn't go far back enough to when they first started popping. There were 3 tmo snipes that happened pretty much in a row. I have nothing against tmo directly, they just happened to be the ones who made it apparent that we need some clarification on how these are being handled. I just want a solid agreement as to what we all understand the system to be. I personally think that the current one is not friendly to all playstyles. I want to keep the OOAs up, but if half of us arn't collecting on "Free Parking" and the other half are (monopoly reference) then we need to pull out the rule book.
Last edited by bktroost; 03-05-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Closed Thread