Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it should be 100% nobles for whomever day it spawns. None of this FFA until there's 3 overseers crap.

Everyone is in the same boat, repops are random nobles will pop sporadically. Sometimes people will get a noble, sometimes they won't. Logic such as:

is ridiculous. "We will kill all nobles until we get nobles anyways. Shit never changes I guess.
At no point did TMO say that they would kill all nobles until we get one on our day. However, until there is an equitable distribution for each guild on each day, nobles may as well remain FFA. I hardly foresee TMO going to sky more than once or on a very rare occasion, twice, to kill a noble.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Aviak

I don't know why we can't just work out a rotation. It's the only fair way to handle this. AG has agreed to this rule in the hopes that we will get something out of it.

To say "Well once the servers are stable" isn't good enough for us. It doesn't guarantee us anything, ever. We need some guarantee that we will kill a Noble at some point if we leave OOAs up. So what can you all offer us in that regard?

Simple: Rotate nobles

Player agreed Rotation:
Europa / Divinity / A-Team / Taken / BDA / TMO / IB / Azure Guard / (Indignation)

That is 8 guilds... and possibly 9. If a noble spawns "Every day"... someone is still getting left out.

A rotation ensures everyone gets a Noble.

~Phiren
Old 03-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rotation.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Phiren, you cannot use the word rotation outside of Class R discussions. If you say it too loudly Class C members burst into flames or grow hideous boils. I'm sorry Ella, please forgive his impudence.

Also, don't consider the weekly sky rota-- I mean sky "agreement" in the same category as the "you-know-what." It's certainly not.

Lets just wait and see if we can get the OOAs stable. having them stack and multiply is a hugely classic mechanic. If we get them to not depop on server resets then it wont matter, we can have 7-10 OOAs up and there will be multiple Noble spawns per day.
Last edited by bktroost; 03-19-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry Ella, please forgive his impudence.
Forgiven!

I don't see said "agreement" being that unreasonable until we have nobles every day. If snacks hasn't read this already, I'll mention it to him as I know he's been running point on issues relating to sky.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Kobold

[removed]
Last edited by Sadad; 03-19-2014 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Pressed quote, made dinner, came back and made an irrelevant post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Personally, I would prefer to leave nobles alone and let whomever owns that sky day kill it. Realistically, this is not going to happen because one of the guilds in not in agreement with this. All other guilds are in favor of the hands off approach for nobles except on a guild's given sky night and I'd love to see TMO agree to this.

I have a hard time accepting the proposal when we are not all in agreement because it effectively nullifies the agreement. I have great respect for all guilds and do not wish to ruin their fun but this really does need to be an all-in type of system for it to work. If we have a guild treating Nobles as an FFA mob until it pops on their day, then someone is getting screwed over and so things deteriorate.

I'd ask TMO to consider joining with all of the other Sky raiding guilds on this and just leave Nobles be except for their Sky night. It's in line with the normal sky agreement in principal.
-----------------------
Old 03-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Aviak

I still don't understand how the "your sky day" is even a feasible solution, whether there's 1 Noble a week or 7 Noble's a week simply because of split Sky days. Ironically... TMO is now technically the only guild with a split Sky day. Every other guild pretty much has their own.

If you think we will get to the point where 5 Nobles spawn a day... then TMO is STILL getting screwed because they will only get 2.5 Nobles, while AG gets 5 Nobles.

Solution ... come to an "Agreement" where everyone can:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ro·tate / ˈrōˌtāt/
verb
verb: rotate; 3rd person present: rotates; past tense: rotated; past participle: rotated; gerund or present participle: rotating

move or cause to move in a circle around an axis or center.
"the wheel continued to rotate"
synonyms: revolve, go around, turn, turn around, spin, gyrate, whirl, twirl, swivel, circle, pivot More
"the wheels rotate continually"
pass to each member of a group in a regularly recurring order.
"the job of chairing the meeting rotates"
synonyms: alternate, take turns, change, switch, interchange, exchange, swap; More
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As someone said -- we rotate everything else in Sky.. why not Noble?

~Phiren
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Hmmmm....just thinking back to when we started the "agreement" within the class R guilds on all the other mobs ( which seems to be working very well ).

Now when we had a 1 guild ( Lord Bob ), who did not respect and tried to destroy the "agreement" that all the other guilds were in favor of.

How exactly did we handle it?

Just a thought.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

How about this for consideration. What if we tracked and broke up spawns like we do on the R/FFA/C system and let the R guilds handle it like we want to and the C handle it like they want to. Its worked for every other mob, why not this? If the GMs don't want to acknowledge it in their script then so be it, that doesn't mean we are incapable of organizing this.

If everyone has been happy with the way the R/FFA/C system works now, I don't see how anyone would have a problem with it here.

That is, until we get them more regularly. If we are capable of getting or 5+ OOAs up we freeze the system tracker where it is until a server reset and then it starts where it left off. Very simple, very familiar, very possible.