Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

TMO maintains our former stance on the matter, however we will continue to respect not touching Overseers.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Aviak

Divinity supports:

1) Efreeti are raid mobs and off limit to suspended guilds
2) No killing of OoA
2) Nobles are FFA until there are Nobles spawning every day
3) Once there are Nobles spawning every day, Nobles are "your day, your noble" - people who share their day take turns.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Upon reviewing all parties stances posted here, we have concordant point: Hands off OOA. If there is a GM enforced system that spans across Guild Classes it is to keep OOAs up for the server's continued spawning of Noble Dojorn. (excluding Lord Bob's ubiquitous...outcry?)

I do not believe this will cause a monstrous vicissitude in the way Efreeti loot is spread to the server largely because of resets. In the months that we practiced the OOA agreement no guild received more than 5 efreeti kills. With the rarity of the belt/fists/valued loot that means that each guild might have received 1 piece of decent efreeti loot...maybe.

I think the only fear or objection to this proposal is that every guild will have monks with 2x Wu's and warriors with their belts by the time Velious comes out. If every guild has 70+raiding players and we each get 1 piece of decent efreeti drops in 3 months... well we will clearly fall short of that mark.

GM Derubael, please let us know your thoughts on this unified proposal. We thank you in advance for the generous opportunity to work with us in this incredibly busy time for GMs/Devs. We all look forward to Velious and cannot wait to experience the content we have waited years to re-experience. Thanks for taking the time to consider live content currently needing some attention.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

This huge thread for OOAs... I don't know what's going to happen with nobles but I definitely support the preservation of OOAs.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 06-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Kobold

Europa supports the OOA-preservation agreement too indeed, and the fact that Dojorn should be considered as a raid mob.

For Dojorn handling, well, because of shared Sky days a rotation would be the best. Some guilds seems against the idea tho.

Tsoona Mi, 52 iksar monk
Olandar, EC mule
Old 06-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakakade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Divinity supports:

1) Efreeti are raid mobs and off limit to suspended guilds
2) No killing of OoA
2) Nobles are FFA until there are Nobles spawning every day
3) Once there are Nobles spawning every day, Nobles are "your day, your noble" - people who share their day take turns.
AT supports the #1 & the first #2. In fact, it's silly that lvl 50 trash and duoable raid mobs in the other two planes are off-limits while raid mobs and harder stuff in PoSky is not considered a raid zone and is not part of a raid ban. The entire zone should be off-limits.

We do not support #3 (and thusly the 2nd #2 is moot). We may honor individual YNYD agreements, such as the ones that allowed the server to avoid Noble FFA fests prior to IB's action (ie TMO/IB's YNYD combined with a Class R agreement). Powtle summarized our reasoning pretty well just above on that one.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Orc

To reply to BKroost,

The officers of Dojo and I have been in this raiding community since day 1 of the server and are in full support of this stance. Like me or not, I have been a part of this raiding community since the beginning and have lead countless targets, including server first dragon, god, and sky kills. My history (or opinion for that matter) within the community should not alter the perception that I have every right to voice my opinion here. I have more than put in my time, and have had plenty of success. To say that my opinion is less than yours because you get handed loot from a gumball machine type system is quite laughable. I had my success without any rotations set in place. I look for the same in Tier-R and Sky with Dojo. What have you done that makes my opinion not matter?

Oh and btw, Dojo is a Tier-R guild. The page says it, and even if it didn't, we killed maestro technicality or not. We also raced for that kill. There were zero players in plane of hate and maestro was alive at one point. We obviously learned a valuable lesson about DQ's. We also raid just about everyday and often visit all 3 planes in the same day, and have begun contesting targets (including noble). Yet we are not a raid guild? lol...

Rotating nobles should be player agreement. There are many issues already with the current sky day rotation, and noble will be no different. Farming elite items also floods the player base with items they normally wouldn't get if such a system were put in place. It very much comes off as a loot pinata to me. Its basically taking advantage of a good situation. And getting GM's involved all but guarantees the loot pinata will continue.

Cheap way to play EQ. Thats just my opinion.
Last edited by Hyjal; 06-18-2014 at 01:18 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

I figured I would post an explanation here about OoA and KoS from tonight so you can have something a little more credible to read than the current drivel in RnF.

First and foremost, Taken is wanting, and waiting for an agreement that everyone can get on board with that the GMs are willing to enforce. We have been told enforcement will happen if we can all find a common ground that we can agree upon.

Yeah we killed OoA and KoS tonight, and we didn't try to hide it. We currently do not have the anticipated agreement. Against our better judgement last week when we killed Noble Dojorn we made the decision to leave the OoA up regardless of no agreement being in place.

Someone killed that OoA and I still have no real idea of who it was other than a lot of people pointing fingers at everyone else. Fact was that it happened, so we are apparently not the only ones that think OoAs are fair game until an agreement is reached. If someone is going to kill it anyways, then it is what it is.

I find it fascinating that The Mystical Order comes out in a rage at Taken for killing them this week and threatening to say the heck with any sort of an agreement at all in retaliation, and yet were silent last week when the same thing happened. Maybe its because they don't know who did it last week so they didn't have anyone to direct that rage at?

TMO told us that it was frustrating to kill the Noble to then leave OoA up and just end up handing them to another guild. Our response is: trust us, we totally understand and relate. See: Last week when Taken killed Noble and left OoA up.

So bottom line is yeah we killed it. We are not trying to hide it like whoever did it last week. And we are not being hypocrites about it. There is currently no agreement and its as simple as that. We are more than willing to go along with an agreement and actively work towards one, and are looking forward to that hopefully happening soon.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

So, you want to make an agreement to protect Overseers of Air, but until then you're going to continue to kill them?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you want to make an agreement to protect Overseers of Air, but until then you're going to continue to kill them?
It should have already been made apparent by our mystery guild that did the same thing to us last week that the Overseers are going to die anyways until something is enforced. So that is exactly what I am saying.
Closed Thread