Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Default Bind points in Kunark

This just randomly popped into my head, but I remember that at some point during/after Kunark, bind points were added around the continent to ease the insane CRs that melee folk had to endure. I remember one being a certain spot in Frontier Mountains, but I don't remember the others. Are these going to be added? I realize it's not "classic", but neither are a lot of things on this server, including Kunark for that matter.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

I know nothing of this. Any time I was in Kunark I was always bound in FV. Well, until PoP came out and bind points didn't matter any more.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Kunark was when they started making it impossible for even casters to bind in dungeons. You couldn't bind in Sebilis, Chardok, or Charasis, let alone VP, just weeks into the expansion. Might have been days, but I think they allowed it for a few.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Aside from FV, the DE outpost and Cabilis, the only other bind spots I remember were City of Mist and the ruins in FM.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Large Rat

i was either bound with my bard in FV or at the OT outpost, you could be bound there outside the wall as non evil melee.
Kunark isn't that big anyway, the zone connections allowed to be in every zone after 3-4 zonelines, try this in antonica while bound in freeport and dieing at Splitpaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Project Manager

http://web.archive.org/web/200104280...bindguide.html

I have a ... bad way to make the outdoor bind areas work in perl.

I'm hoping that we have a better system in place that doesn't require scripts.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Aviak

You could bind in Kaesora..

I know this because most of my guild had lower lvls bound there when hunting Kurns and Droga
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Speaking of bind points, have old world bind points like Oasis and North Karana gypsy camps been added?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of bind points, have old world bind points like Oasis and North Karana gypsy camps been added?
I believe the NK Gypsy camp is operational, but you get a funky error message when someone tries to bind you there. It apparently works (I do not know personally), but expect a different-from-normal message. Also, you'd best bind on the northwest side of the camp, since a Griffene/Griffon/Griffawn (each are PH's for one another) paths right into and stops at a part of the camp, which is I believe the East/Southeast side. Grizzlies also track through there consistently, so I wouldn't do it until you're 22ish or higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a ... bad way to make the outdoor bind areas work in perl.
Which I broke with the new group system.

I mean....

What?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread