Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Orc

Default New player - Rolling a Dark Elf Cleric

Hi folks!

New player here. I started a few days ago (high elf cleric) but I'm not really digging the visual style of high elves - and while Kelethin and Crushbone are fun, I'm missing the more dynamic environment in EC/Antonica.

Or maybe I'm just indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I've decided today I will be re-rolling as a Dark Elf Cleric. They just look so much cooler and the Hide ability will help with my AFKing when my girlfriend calls me and demands attention. =P

Any advice on the leveling path for me? Is it wrong to re-roll when I'm already level 11 on my high elf?

Help me make up my mind and not regret this!!

PS Is it easier to get buffs in EC? it seems Gfay is not really good for getting buffed. I'm not a twink so it helps a lot early on
Old 01-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

If you're unhappy with the visual of a High Elf Cleric at level 11, you're going to be even more disappointed with a High Elf Cleric at 60.

Dark Elf all the way.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I'm thinking about re-rolling my 28 HE enchanter. DE ftw.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Did you have fun doing 1-11 on the high elf?

If so I'm sure you'll do so again on the dark elf!

One word of note though; if you think you are likely to need unexpected AFKs, perhaps cleric isn't the right class for you?

Have you considered playing a wizard? Keep your mana high enough to pump out a couple of nukes when needed, but when you need to afk you can dump your mana then take a med break?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalefein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks!

New player here. I started a few days ago (high elf cleric) but I'm not really digging the visual style of high elves - and while Kelethin and Crushbone are fun, I'm missing the more dynamic environment in EC/Antonica.

Or maybe I'm just indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I've decided today I will be re-rolling as a Dark Elf Cleric. They just look so much cooler and the Hide ability will help with my AFKing when my girlfriend calls me and demands attention. =P

Any advice on the leveling path for me? Is it wrong to re-roll when I'm already level 11 on my high elf?

Help me make up my mind and not regret this!!

PS Is it easier to get buffs in EC? it seems Gfay is not really good for getting buffed. I'm not a twink so it helps a lot early on
Make sure you do the quest for the necklace by hailing the Cleric master, first version is stats plus weaken clicky, second is siphon str i believe and 3rd upgrade is clinging darkness or one of the snares.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Orc

Nice, thanks, Dragonslayer! Didn't know about that one.

Any other newbie quests I should do? Any equivalent of turning in CB belts/pads?

Let me know and thanks for the support/ops guys!
Old 01-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalefein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice, thanks, Dragonslayer! Didn't know about that one.

Any other newbie quests I should do? Any equivalent of turning in CB belts/pads?

Let me know and thanks for the support/ops guys!
You should be able to do the pick turn in to the toll booth guards in WC. The orc pawns in Ec easily drop the pics that you turn in 4 at a time to raise faction in FP. And the Haflings in neck also drop their helms you hand into one of the NPC's in the war guild in Neriak.
Glad to help you get that necklace and welcome to the guild. =)
Old 01-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Picks weight a tonne, I avoid that quest to be honest. The Halfling helm suggestion is a good one; you are going to need to kill halflings anyway for your necklace quests.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

With the racial hide, target a kos mob and then consider it after you hide. If its indifferent your hide has indeed worked.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Just watch out for undead; they seem to see through non-rogue hide. There were a few times where a bear in Nektulos was indifferent to me, but a skeleton walked up and started to attack...
Closed Thread