Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

It is a fairly safe and logical assumption.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Developer

With specialization checks, etc., all indications were that pet canni was useful only after getting the level 49 pets. It still worked before, and would return positive mana on some pets, but it was just not returning that much to make it super commonly used.

Running the pet stats, etc., it puts the return around 5% of the HP. At 10%, you would be doing really good after speciallization checks. I mean really good, and that is without any focus effects. So I will run some more numbers and do a bit more research, and just take my best guess.

Focus effects seem to be one of the important things, to make it really worth using. Worth using in the sense that you can overcome the loss of pet dps, and use canni to regain mana and nuke, for an overall improved dps.

Mana recovery after death, seemed to be addressed differently, in its benefits.

Haynar
Old 07-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Kobold

Pet canni was only used with the earth pet, preferably the 50+ one. The other pets didn't have enough HP to make it worthwhile.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we have anything that says what % of hitpoints it should be? The current way it is, it will return level of pet * 4 mana. The only numbers I have seen anyone say are 10% of HPs. I am still looking at how good those numbers are. I am out of town at the moment, so my access is limited. Just any numbers on how much mana was returned from an earth pet, should give me the info what I need to extapolate the rest. If I remember right, the 49 earth pet takes 200 base mana to cast. How much mana should a full HP earth pet return?

Haynar
Not sure if it's any help. I just think i remember that pre kunark there were no gain for the mage to reclaim a pet that was serious injured .. eg if it was at 2-3% of its full health. you would hardly get the 5 mana back that reclaim energy cost to cast. The mana you got back from reclaim was indeed based on how much hp the pet had left. What the actual formula was, I'm not sure.

To mmiles8:

The reason Mages used the MS2 or any of the vocaration Earth pets, was that With kunark and velius it became able to get cosiderably more mana back than you used to summon the pet. Wether it was a "feature" or bug I'm not sure, but just the first Vocarate Earth was able to give you almost double the mana back, that you used on the summon, but as far as i recall there weren't really that big of a jump from a focussed (Staff of Elemental Mastery Earth) lvl 49 Earth pet and the 51 Vocarae Earth. the vocarate had slightly higher HP, but nothing really big. I remember being vastly disapointed with the upgrade from the the 49 pet. Greater Vocaration wasn't either a really big upgrade. So I don't believe the formula was based on the max hp of the pets.
For some reason it was just way more efficient on Kunark pets.

At that time i was mega farming Seafury cyclops'es, and the focussed 49 pet performed only slightly worse than a Vocaration pet. Both was able to tank 3 clopses without a problem. The biggest upgrade for Kunark was the reclaimed mana from the new pets and the the ability to kill 3 clopses in no time with sirocco or Manastorm
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Fire Giant

See Gorroth's post. Also, see your own post. Everything you said reinforced that it was based on Current HP, apart from the conclusion you reached. If it wasn't, mages would have used fire pets or water pets all the same.

If the value reclaimed was hard coded into the pet, there would have been no need for a sweeping change to reclaimed energy and its associated AA, when it got nerfed as an unintended bug.

-------

If Haynar or someone else can throw out the level 49-60 earth pet health pools (including MSII, and what focus effects increase them by), I could take the info from this post...

Quote:
This is THE BEST way to quantify pet canni I have ever found. Enjoy.

http://members.cox.net/jmattcrews/petcanni.xls

Just for arguement's sake, I am rocking an FT rating of 137 when I canni over a sustained period of time. In just a single casting, the FT rating is 173.8 The reason this sustained value is lower is due primarily to recast time.

FT 137. Yeehaw!

Atris has me smoked in this department tho. I think Atris is rocking FT 150, but I could be wrong. If Atris doesn't have quick summoning 2 yet, then her FT is only 118.
... factor in the benefits given by summoning efficiency focus effect and improved reclaim energy AAs and give a handful of base HP to Mana equations to choose from.
Last edited by mmiles8; 07-30-2010 at 07:29 AM..
Old 09-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Kobold

Monthly bump.

Spending 2000-5000 mana to get a good pet sucks.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Developer

Ugh. THought I had finished this one. I remember crunching some numbers, and writing some code.

Let me add this back to my list.

Haynar
Old 11-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Kobold

Sorry to be a nuisance but I still can't use my shovel of ponz to reclaim my wolf pet as of this post. Any chance of it getting fixed? =/
Old 11-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

This would be so awesome for Shaman. Few things frustrate me more than blowing a whole bar of mana summoning 3 crappy pets in a row, Cannibalizing my self for a 4th (or 5th) and when I finally get a decent pet, I'm at 20mana and 50% hp.

Ive actually lost camps because I wasn't ready to pull after chain casting pets and buffs and someone else invokes the 'Camps, Defined' thread and helps themselves to my claim as I sit there and watch.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Wondering if this was ever changed before I go ahead and look to buy an item with Reclaim Energy for my Shaman.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Closed Thread