Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagmarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The community voted for a rotation. Nag has been up for 48 hours, he's just sitting there - feel free to kill him. The rotation is as fair as it can be with 2 raid mobs.
Looks like only 1 guild is capable of killing them atm. I've heard rumors that more content is due out in the very near future. imo it's all apples and oranges. Find the server that suits the type of gaming environment you enjoy, and go play there.
This is the result of a dying population, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You can keep calling the server 'dying' and 'dead' it doesn't mean that it is. I'm seriously happy for you and your buddies - you guys have your own server. But jeez, get over it already. Is it that you continuously keep bashing TAKP in hopes that people will all join in on the fun times over on your new server? All the sh*t talking this whole time has been the same ole thing. Look where it's gotten everything. You see the server as 'dead' because you and your homeboys left/got banned and server numbers (that were never great to start with) have declined since u left. That's only half the story. I see it as alive because me and my buddies are still there, and there's a solid little community and tons of hardwork going in to it. The future is very bright for TAKP, though you would like to sell it and tell it otherwise.

I left A & H to get away form this drama. I saw it happening before ANYONE was banned. I could sense it. I've observed all this shit. I have nothing against you guys and your server, but no need to bash the old server because you guys couldn't find common ground. Turn your pretty little heads, and walk away. You wanna bring TAKP down in flames, i'll be right here to meet you. If you want to build a community, you treat people right.
You couldn't find a way to share in one, so you ran off and made your own. Good for you guys.

Lol

-just a dude playin on the TAKP
Last edited by nagmarr; 03-03-2015 at 05:45 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And everyone is like, it's only low because people are bored they will come back with planes. Seriously? It's low because 1/3 the server was either banned or ragequit due to super sketchy rules.
Thats why p99's population is so low. Four years of Kunark means death for the server.

Whatever.

H
Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

this server sounds like shit
Old 03-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclyte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this server sounds like shit
A post not about TAK, thanks for your input
Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Developer

Here is my honest opinion about p2002.

I know nothing about those running or hosting the server.

The people advocating the server the loudest, are brash, outspoken. And have little positive to say of other servers.

Their resume says, their dev chatted with CD an hour.

Seriously?

Since they use their own login server, it is the perfect front for someone like platlord to gather passwords. Then a few months later, use them to log in to idiots accounts on p99 that used same accounts/pass. Strip plat and gear. Make another $50k selling for RMT.

My recommendation, if you try this server, do not use any account name or pass u used elsewhere. If u did, then change your other passwords asap.

Too many red flags. Play at your own risk.

The High Priest has spoken.

Move along.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My recommendation, if you try this server, do not use any account name or pass u used elsewhere. If u did, then change your other passwords asap.
sounds like sound advice no matter what flags you see. Thanks
Old 03-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since they use their own login server
I think this is a red flag entirely separate from Haynar's (very valid) security concerns.

Logins are a pain in the ass, both as a server admin and as a user ... which is why anyone with any sense starting a new website uses OpenID. These people could have used OpenID (with Google or Facebook or ...) OR they could have used EQEmulator, but instead they chose the worst option for both themselves and their users.

If the people behind this project can't be bothered to make their users' lives easier when it takes LESS work to do so, what should we expect of them when something actually takes effort?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-03-2015 at 08:41 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Agree. recycling passwords and logins is a recipe for disaster no matter any of the rest thats been said. I seriously doubt any of these guys are even remotely connected to platlord or anything like him or have any ambitions to do the same. They just want an emu with the playstyle they think people would enjoy.

As far as little positive to say of other servers.

It stands to reason that the server as a whole is being made because of unhappiness with current projects. I dont know how much they have bashed on other servers. I see some unhappiness with the way things are done on some other servers but again since when is not agreeing the same as bashing? They were told if they think they can do a better job, do so. So they are attempting.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tossing daggers at us when you have no idea how many people or how much time has been/being spent isn't very productive.

If you would like a database that doesn't use PEQ magelo values for 99% of mobs in the game we have one we will happily share.
Every page in this thread has a 'dagger' aimed at me, since I'm involved with the database end of things. I had absolutely nothing to do with your bans, nor had the power to do anything about them, but if you guys are going to make comments about mine and Rob's work because Speedz pissed you off, then I'm going to reply.

I don't need to know how much time you've put in when you say 'Kunark will be done in a month'. You're mocking us for releasing content too slowly when you're not even aware of what needs to be done. For example, most classic NPCs have an attack delay of 3-- in Kunark, attack delays start getting faster for every NPC above level 25. This alone has a major impact on difficulty of the game. Expacs aren't just quest scripts and pathgrids.

You've just downloaded our server and DB and you're excited over becoming new admins. I get it. The eagerness of putting in numbers to web forms will start to wane after a year and a half, trust me. Frankly I had higher priorities than replacing magelo data with a global research mat lootdrop table to mundate trash mobs. I didn't see any of you begging to do that job while you were playing.
Closed Thread