Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

^^

Pretty much if we can get everything on this server to look like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would be totally down for this server to have these graphics someday (if ever even possible.) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be awesome.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, graphic updates like those would be swell. They make things look fancy-schmancy but still maintain the look of the original zone.

A+ for Toddfx
Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Personally, I like my crapy textures and jagged edges.

I like zoning in and out of Oasis

I hate the old freeport less then then new one. new one is just gd terrible. has nothing to do with old one.

call me what you want, but to me, that's what EQ is.
and that's why I'm here.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Sonofa.... there goes my idea:

http://asia.gamespot.com/news/6272805.html
Old 11-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

iiiinnnnteresting.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Sony is currently in development of EQ3. They claim to be bringing back the glory of EQ1. It isn't a prequel or sequel, but a reconstruction of lore and everything. Some lore will be recognizable but most will be altered in some way.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sony is currently in development of EQ3. They claim to be bringing back the glory of EQ1. It isn't a prequel or sequel, but a reconstruction of lore and everything. Some lore will be recognizable but most will be altered in some way.
Hype. You think SOE is the first one to hype?

You have to be realistic about this. I like no in-game maps except for cities. I'd be ok with maps for all zones that're just static content... no dynamic radar information like group member locations. I like dying and having it mean something. I like the non-linear nature of some zones where there're high level encounters and low level encounters and as a low level player you have to watch out for the higher level dangers. I like how the dungeons have twists and turns and aren't just A to B. There's a lot I like. The problem is that a lot of the things I like would not fit in a mainstream game and SOE is not going to blow money on something that will have sub 40k players. I don't feel there's a market past 40,000 that would like the things I like. I think that EverQuest Next will disappoint a lot of people think that it will be anything like everquest as you know it here.

Granted, there're some things I would change. For example, I would add more bind points and make quests more intuitive so people don't have to go onto allah to find their information. I would massively upgrade non-player interaction and conversation, since I think modern MMORPGs neglect this area. I would link the home-cities in a portal system to help new players and to facilitate trade between them. I would have a design that applies emphasis to home-cities and outpost zones. I'd like to keep the idea of having merchants and bankers available all over the world for basic trade (like selling your loot), but make it more personal so that the outpost means something to you. A few other things. Some would say this would entirely change hte character of EQ, but remember that these're my own personal opinions about what i"d like to see. But I would not go out of my way to please players. In the end, they're in my world, and they need to learn how to survive in it.

Maybe I'm jaded after being around for a while. Lower your expectations and you might not get jaded like me. I just don't trust SOE. After what they did to SWG. And some other choices that don't resonate with me. SOE wants the mainstream audience. I don't ever see them making a product for a niche market. They're the company that wants to compete with WoW, but don't have the same level of talent. They're a loose screw, IMHO. They will make some good things, but they're too OCD about matching Blizzard's success.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 11-29-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Aviak

they've revamped so much stuff now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

aside from nro/sro, freeport lavastorm, and 3 versions of nektulos, the commonlands are now all one zone

steamfont is revamped and expanded to reflect the secrets of faydwer expansion not to mention the mainland itself is split open and a whole run of zones for the serpent's spine were introduced

the ocean of tears got ruined as well

and innothule swamp

and for seeds of destruction, while these didn't replace the originals because you "time travel" to them or wtf ever, we got new qeynos hills, qeynos, kithicor, field of bone, and kurn's

i'm so glad i found p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Drem; 11-29-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem comes int hat they want to use a RMT shop and allow people to purchase their way through the game. I may sub for the first month, but if someone can spend money to be better than I am (aside from buying/trading accounts, thats a viable player service) Then I just think it will fail. It won't appeal to the masses that loved EQ1 = /
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having played P99 for a week now, I'm convinced that if the original EQ was redone using modern tech, it would be a total win. I'm a game developer, and I'd do everything I could to get on that project.

There is a massive hole in the market right now that no-one seems to have seen. The first company to produce a quality, high-fantasy MMO with depth and space will corner a large niche market (at least). A revamped EQ (EQ2 is misnamed, it's a totally different game) would nail this. Keep the mechanics and the balance as close to the original as possible - be OCD about this. Use art that maintains the feel of the original art, but of much higher resolution. Create animations and effects that keep the feel of the originals but are of much higher quality (especially animations). Reproduce Classic EQ up to Velious and stop. Dig down, not out. Additions should enhance and enriche what was already there, not extend it. The game should in every respect feel to an EQ veteran as if someone wiped their glasses: everything is the same, but suddenly clearer and better and if possible, deeper.

This wouldn't be a WoW killer. It would be for everyone else who either loved EQ or wanted a consistent, challenging world in which to adventure. ADD gamers and cutesy console gamers need not apply. It would not be mass market, it would be intentionally niche market, and uncompromising about that.

If I knew enough money people, and knew someone at Sony, I may even pitch the idea. Done right, it can't lose.
i want to make out with this guy. and im a guy. but not in a gay way in a manbro i like your style way.
Closed Thread