Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Perma rooted Tunare is so off of being classic. I hope that isn't what he is going for. Tunare was a pain in the ass since she would fling the warrior so far away and she would just rampage through the dps. And Oger wall wasn't enough to stop them from flying.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Project Manager

Tunare's current implementation is the only one of with solid mechanical proof, so that's how she currently works.

How would it go if... everything was left the same, except the field version was not permarooted?

What exactly made her unkillable until late Velious?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Banned

guilds full of hybrid class scum

DCing was a plague

People didn't bring 100+ because they were at odds with each other and didn't recruit for those #s

When they finally did, she went down
Old 04-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably a combination of 1) immense amount of time to clear the zone before engaging her and 2) the busted implementations before August 2001, when FoH finally killed her and only got a PoG robe and 2x Blade of the Swarm.

If you had all day to raid, NToV was much more beneficial than PoG. Also, a lot of people rolled Tunare worshiping pansy races/classes and didn't want to ruin faction.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lack of desirable loot in addition to a guild full of Shadowknights and Paladins as DPS?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

The biggest challenge we faced was clearing PoG and attempting her. The second most was a combo of sheer hp regen/lack of damage dealt to her. It was by far the longest fight we had vs a NPC until Luclin. Melee did below average damage, and her regen was close to broken crazy.

In our attempt we had all our casters log on melee alts simply due to the fact we couldn't land any spells on her. Enchanters rune/haste, necros had pets and twitched clerics, mages summoned mod rods and had a pet. (Last beta test I had with Tunare, wizards were able to land nukes with little issue as example.)

The 3rd most was the fact that once she knocked the main tank away, she would turn on whoever was the closest. I want to say it was like classic undead agro, but she could be main tanked as long as they were in melee range if that makes sense. Maybe the knockback had some type of deagro mod to it, I doubt that was the case though. We first tried Orge wall, didn't work. She would just knock them over the wall. We ended up doing it on the zone wall so knockback wasn't as big of a problem.

I thought for sure some people were going to hang themselves over the two robes that dropped. So the knowledge that her items were crap kinda dampened many peoples want to kill her till she was upgraded or showed different loot.

*had ~twoish Tunare loving toons in the guild. So lack of numbers from them wasn't an issue at all. There were desync or lag issues at times while we fought her for some people, maybe they were on AOL connection or that 54k modem couldn't take it. I would say we had 55ish people there. She isn't on Par of AoW, but she wasn't a cake walk. Just how fast and easy we killed her on Beta was crazy
Last edited by Rais; 04-01-2015 at 03:13 PM..
Old 04-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

From what I remember;

Tunare was a 7 day respawn. She hit like a truck. I believe the tank had to have a ton of AC and a high MR and ...PR or DR I think....dang, it's been a long time.

Anyway, clearing growth didn't take very long and most of the time I remember fighting her in the middle of a field. We had a Monk with SoW go to the tree to start the event.

I think AOW was more difficult due to needing like 3 or 4 BEEFY tanks. But his loots were phat for the melee classes.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably a combination of 1) immense amount of time to clear the zone before engaging her and 2) the busted implementations before August 2001, when FoH finally killed her and only got a PoG robe and 2x Blade of the Swarm.

If you had all day to raid, NToV was much more beneficial than PoG. Also, a lot of people rolled Tunare worshiping pansy races/classes and didn't want to ruin faction.
This.

As guilds like FoH and AL messed with her and got horrid loot + bugs, who would want to? She underwent a loot revamp (noted in my various Fist of Nature posts) which changed the encounter and her desirability, which is what started the other guilds attempting her shortly before Velious. It was finally worth it to do so considering her difficulty, the zone's annoyance factor, the faction hits, and the horrid loot/bugs.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

alot of people begging for Tunare pixels week 1 of Velious

IMO she should b overtuned initially so theres a bit of majesty to the Mother of the Elves

it would b more inline with the goals of the server than allowing Fists of Nature to go to monk alts 3 months in
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The 3rd most was the fact that once she knocked the main tank away, she would turn on whoever was the closest. I want to say it was like classic undead agro, but she could be main tanked as long as they were in melee range if that makes sense. Maybe the knockback had some type of deagro mod to it, I doubt that was the case though. We first tried Orge wall, didn't work. She would just knock them over the wall. We ended up doing it on the zone wall so knockback wasn't as big of a problem.
She either had an increased proxy multiplier or was the same as other bosses but seemed magnified because of the shoot and root.

Guessing she shot the tank away, killed x melee starting with closest that were above the tank in hate with the proxy mod (tank no longer had), then summoned the tank back once he was back on top?
Closed Thread