Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Aviak

Post Nommie's Newbie Solo Guide

I've decided put together this little solo guide for anyone new to p1999 who cannot find a group...

I've used all of the leveling guides in the wiki to compile these spots for my now 19 Wiz..and will continue to add to this list of what I think are some nice solo spots.

I have tested these spots..if you have a recommendation please let me know and i will test it out..if i find that it is a good place I'll include it...

Keep note I traveled around allot seeing all sides of the world..and revisiting some of my favorite zones.

I just thought of putting this together so some of the early levels may be a little off..but I will update when I create my next character.

Level 1-5 :
Newbie Zone area's

Level 5-10:
Freeport Starting (EC Kill anything blue to you...)
Qeynos Starting ( Qeynos Hills, around 9-10 you can camp outside Black Burrow and collect Gnoll Teeth for turn in)

Level 10-15 ( a little blurry)
West Commons killed spiders by druid rings

Level 15-18:
I spent some time in OOT camping Alluring Sirens at spot 1 on the map

Level 18-19 East Karana
Killed Griffawn's and Gorge Hounds..camped by the shops (5 on map) just be careful where you sit because you can be aggro killed by mobs

Level 19-20 Lake Rathetear
I'm currently camping Aviak Guard's at spot 8 on map. 6 min timer..good loot, just a hike to have to go sell at the gypsy camp
Be careful when you zone in due to an undead camp at entrance.

--that is what i have so far..again some of the early levels are blurry...this is just for people who cannot find a group or just want some alone time..i will try and focus on a level by level area as well and make adjustments as i move on...

again i am open to suggestions.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Alternate Level 12-16:
Minotaurs in Steamfont Mountains. They are just north of the Lfay ZL.
There are 4 of them, they are social but all are single pulls, assuming that you do not try to pull one through another. I believe they are on a 6 min timer. Poor loot, great exp, never camped.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Level 14-19:
Sisters camp in Lfay. Two of the sisters are single pulls (the one by the tree and the one closest to the south zone wall) Great exp and great loot. Bronze weps that you can sell for 1-3pp ea at the wood elf camp nearby. It is heavily camped. 6 Min timer.

Level 16-19/20:
Dervs in Oasis. Most if not all are not solo pulls. 6 min timer. Not heavily camped. Some loot. Turn in their rings to the orc in Sro for exp and faction.

Level 20-24:
Bandits in Timorous Deep. There are two camps. One is a camp of 3 on the island with the iksar skeletons. The other is a camp of 4 on an island by itself. #'s 3 and 4 on the map respectively. I do not know if any of them are pullable single w/o the use of lull/harmo. 12 min timer. Never camped. Poor loot.

Level 24-27/28:
Ogres in Timorous Deep. #1 on the map. Many ogres, most are warriors, some are shaman. Beware of fighting them near Oowomp, he will help them and he is a lvl 34 shaman. There are 2 pops that have a chance to spawn Ugrak Da Raider, a lvl 24 SK that HT's for ~250. 12 min timer. Mediocre loot. Sometimes camped. Sometimes can get buffs from higher lvls camping Oowomp / people waiting for the OT boat.

Level 27-33/34:
Brutes in WW. The caves near the ent to Dalnir. There are two rooms, one w/ 3 spawns and the other w/ 2 spawns. There are two wanderers. One paths thru the room w/ 3, the other thru the room w/ 2. There is a path joining these 2 rooms that is safe to afk in because neither wanderer paths thru it. Loot is some low lvl gems and the occasional HQ brute hide, save these and sell them to tailors. I sold mine for 10pp ea, not sure how much they are actually worth. Great exp, semi-camped.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Nice stuff guys, keep it up. Helps both young and old lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommie
Level 1-5 :
Newbie Zone area's
While you are there don't forget to kill decaying skeletons and keep those bone chips! You can either sell them in EC for about 10pp a stack, or get great exp from them by turning them in 4 at a time. Quest Link: http://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Chips_Quests
The best city that I have found to turn them in to is Kaladim. If you are far away from the Dwarf city, I would not run there and just turn them into your closest city with the quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommie
Level 5-10:
Freeport Starting (EC Kill anything blue to you...)
Qeynos Starting ( Qeynos Hills, around 9-10 you can camp outside Black Burrow and collect Gnoll Teeth for turn in)
Keep all deathfist belts from orcs that you kill. They sell for 5pp ea to players or you can turn them in for exp, Quest Link:http://wiki.project1999.com/Deathfist_Slashed_Belts

Level 5-14/16:
If you are on Faydwer I would kill in Gfay, specifically at orc hill. Then hit up CB. Keep all orc belts and pads that you loot. Belts sell for ~3pp ea and pads for ~5pp ea to players. The Gfay area has the best market for these. If you want to turn them in for exp instead of the cash, Quest Links:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Crushbone_Belts
http://wiki.project1999.com/Crushbon...lderpads_Quest
Belts are GREAT exp until about lvl 12. Pads until about lvl 16.

Level 13-19:
Kurns tower. Kill on the first floor and keep those bone chips to sell. This place is heavily camped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe
24-26: Solo the two aviaks in the nests above the arena zoneline in lake rathe. They spawn every 6 minutes, so you should be able to root/rot them and be back to full mana/hp before they respawn. They drop bronze weapons, gems, etc. And there are vendors in zone. If you haven't saved enough for 2x 5/55 rings, you'll get the cash here.
Now this stuff is getting out of order...but still, I think these are good spots. I'm just writing stuff down as it comes to me.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Aviak

Thanks for all the input! I will order this all around, also I'm mainly looking for single solo spots where players don't have to worry about pulling groups of mobs..just my focus on this guide...however I'll check out the spots suggested give feedback on them.

Again thanks!
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Kobold

22-30, SolA. Plenty of single mobs to pull if you're careful.

Ore blocks sell for 50p each, and the xp is great. Water/food vendor just outside at gypsy camp, bank and auction two zones away.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Aviak

dacine can you provide a few spots from the map that I can check out? I'm planning on being 22 tonight and will head that way seems like a very nice spot
Old 05-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Kobold

Sure, ya. I solo'd my pally to 33 there (mostly). Actually, I'm still there.

I hastily threw together a map. Farm red dots until they con green, then move up to blue dots. Purple dots are relative safe spots (top right only if you're not evil).

As the blue dots start to get green, you can go even further north, and you'll have a good idea of the dungeon by that time anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/GsMWPJt.jpg

Once you've been in there a while, you'll start to notice where spawns are. So if you see a mob by himself, you can grab him before his partner spawns, and run off to a safe area to slay him.
Last edited by Dacien; 05-01-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Old 05-02-2015, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

There's always the http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide for folks looking for more places to solo.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread