Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Sicken, venom of snake, insidous malady, then bane.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

skimmed a little bit since my last post, i feel like some of you guys coming at me didn't read my original post.

i think shamans are great for group+ pvp.. they bring alot to the table. obviously buffs and heals... but additionally the DOTS and Debuff's are more effective in group pvp because the target would have to stop to dispell/cure and that would leave them extremely vulnerable to the melee's stomping their face.

to call shaman's great solo PVP'rs i think is a gross overstatement, any good player will pell/cure anything the shaman can throw at them.

even if someone is not prepared and doesn't have cure pots, they will most likely make it to a ZL before your DOT stack can finish them.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned

so you win a fight through attrition and they zone and die/plug

somehow that means you aren't good at 1v1?
Old 05-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sicken, venom of snake, insidous malady, then bane.
Sicken and I.Malady are disease based so they would not effect poison based spells or add counters.

VoS is 7 counters, Bane of Nife is 10 counters

To cast both would be around 10 second including item click spell refresh.

Counteract poison pots are 2 secs and remove 8 counters, so what would take 10 seconds to cast would take 6 seconds to remove(since items don't have global refresh)

Not to mention that the shaman is now down 585 mana and the potion users didn't spend a thing.

It's amazing that people would push for poisons to be resisted at 80 PR when you consider all that.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you win a fight through attrition and they zone and die/plug

somehow that means you aren't good at 1v1?
I guess that's why you use Imbued fighter staff and not T-Staff because you're happy causing more dmg and pushing them to the zoneline faster and not getting the kill...oh wait you use a T-staff.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope

pets did reduced dmg

lure of ice focus fire is ridiculous in mass pvp

SK is going to be real, real, real stupid (you think duelist is bad...)
Pets did way more damage in classic...They were gradually nerfed.

------------------------------
September 13, 1999
Pets:
- High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage
- Pets will now navigate some outdoor and dungeon areas better

September 28, 1999
- Pet damage inflicted during PvP combat has been slightly reduced.

October 13, 1999
- The Burnout Series has had the negative HP component reduced
(improvement) and the stat buff increased (improvement). Because of
this, the spells are no longer permanent. They now have a 15 minute
duration. Burnout III has also had its casting cost reduced.

November 29, 2000 3:00 am

- Random-effects on weapons carried by pets will now behave as if the
pet is a player character rather than an NPC. The change last patch
reduced them to a rate below player characters. As part of this patch,
target-specific random effects will only work if the target is the
intended type. For instance, a weapon that processes "Dismiss Summoned"
will only "go off" on a summoned NPC instead of everything.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it doesn't happen often but it does happen, saw someone get wrecked by a 1500 the other night one for 1000 one for 498 one dw duelist backstab.

Everyone here as probably ate a 1200-1700 backstab at some point, I only seen a 2k shot twice but it can and does happen.
1200 dmg is not 2000 - Its almost double the amount. 2000 dmg BS's dont exist u fuckin turd. Let's see some screenshots or something of actual substance.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was never set to 80 that's far to low that would mean anyone with DMF is immune to all poisons.

The argument for it's classic is being used to lawyer-doctor the rules to an impractical degree. Asking for classic resists on a server where the average gearset is 2-3x what it was during this era is ludicrous.

Duelist Backstabs landing for Lifeburn dmg is not Classic. Melee dmg overall set this high is not classic. They had max hits capped on live. Ac not being factored into hit or miss values is not classic. Currently hits rolls solely off weapon skill that would be like spells rolling solely off Evocation without factoring resists.

If we are gonna blindly adhere to classic when it makes no sense then we need to add stupid things like Fear and Charm on players back because...it's classic.
As someone who mained a shaman from Kunark into Gates of Discord, I can tell you for certain that anyone with dmf was in fact resisting bane at least 60% of the time. If you went above 75 pr you didnt have to worry about it landing except maybe 1/3 of the time. If you hit 100 you were basically immune.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmybones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1200 dmg is not 2000 - Its almost double the amount. 2000 dmg BS's dont exist u fuckin turd. Let's see some screenshots or something of actual substance.
I fail to see the need to prove something everyone is well aware of being true. I could prove that planes crashed into the twin towers or that neil armstrong walked on the moon but some things are just common knowledge.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's been hit for a 1700 backstab or seen or heard about something getting 1900-2k shotted. I saw Murda catch one from Chuckslaw once on hamburgler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who mained a shaman from Kunark into Gates of Discord, I can tell you for certain that anyone with dmf was in fact resisting bane at least 60% of the time. If you went above 75 pr you didnt have to worry about it landing except maybe 1/3 of the time. If you hit 100 you were basically immune.
Nope I believe you played during Gates of Discord but just DMF alone making someone immune no way wasn't until luclin,Pop gear was introduced that a dmf+ gear would suffice for immunity, and back then not everyone was well stocked with potions.

Can you tell me during velious how many times a rogue one shotted people with duelist? Because I remember watching rogues die on Druid thorns. Funny how ok you are with 4x the dmg and no caps but EXPECT total adherence to classic in regards to spells regardless of the gear being 3x better than the average during that era.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-04-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
I fail to see the need to prove something every is well aware of being true. I could prove that planes crashed into the twin towers or that lance armstrong walked on the moon but some things are just common knowledge.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's been hit for a 1700 backstab or seen or heard about something getting 1900-2k shotted. I saw Murda catch one from Chuckslaw once on hamburgler.

Nope I believe you played during Gates of Discord but just DMF alone making someone immune no way wasn't until luclin,Pop gear was introduced that a dmf+ gear would suffice for immunity, and back then not everyone was well stocked with potions.

Can you tell me during velious how many times a rogue one shotted people with duelist? Because I remember watching rogues die on Druid thorns. Funny how ok you are with 4x the dmg and no caps but how EXPECT total; adherence to classic in regards to spells.
Are you claiming max is 1700 or 2000? Make up your mind because 2000 does not exist
Closed Thread