Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Banned

nothing quite like 4 boxing a 10 person server and feeling like the best
Old 05-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notes state 2002 for all.
Quote:
- It is no longer possible for PC's to fear other PC's at all on any
server. The same was also done for charm.
Notes state that 2002 is when they changed the rest of the servers. With proper reading comprehension you can infer that some servers have already been changed (pvp servers herpderp). If fear/charm hadn't been taken out yet, then it would say removed the ability for pc's to fear other pc's in pvp. Instead they say that it is impossible for pc's to fear other pc's at all (because you could in duels on blue) on any server (because red servers had already been changed).
Old 05-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34m [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans are great. 99% of people don't cure pix of bertox, which will alone kill any caster self buffed. If people are curing bane of knife, lead with a level 5 poison. Torrent of poison is deadly.
Wrong. Just takes another click of a pot and it's gone. It doesn't matter what you lead with because if bane is landed then someone will spam cure pots. Hate to burst your bubble but disease pots are just as easy to get. The only people who fight 60 shamans are those who have pots. It's so good against them it's a requirement.
Last edited by Galacticus; 05-05-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Banned

shamans and necros easy kills unless they box oor healers (Drakaris)
Old 05-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duelist Backstabs landing for Lifeburn dmg is not Classic. Melee dmg overall set this high is not classic. They had max hits capped on live. Ac not being factored into hit or miss values is not classic. Currently hits rolls solely off weapon skill that would be like spells rolling solely off Evocation without factoring resists.
Never really bothered to ask anyone but I'm glad I finally have an answer on this now.
I really didn't remember melee damage being so ridiculously high in classic - but I only played velious++.

I knew they'd messed with resists, dots, and spell casting here but never had it confirmed that melee were in an unclassic state.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's been hit for a 1700 backstab or seen or heard about something getting 1900-2k shotted. I saw Murda catch one from Chuckslaw once on hamburgler.
I can vouch for at least 1700.

http://i.imgur.com/HZFNbfF.jpg
Old 05-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can vouch for at least 1700.

http://i.imgur.com/HZFNbfF.jpg
Yeah 1700 was certainly possibly 1 (2?) years ago with the old melee dmg and max hit on sitting. Colgate already stated this though but is not currently possible.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmybones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah 1700 was certainly possibly 1 (2?) years ago with the old melee dmg and max hit on sitting. Colgate already stated this though but is not currently possible.
Ah well this was probably about a year ago.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmybones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2040 for sure is possible, as I recently saw a 1020 duelist. It's just a very small chance of it happening. The issue at hand is whether or not we should be hitting this hard, I've seen archived screenshots of rallos zek that nirgon posted, where a rogue backstabs for 470 without duelist.

Mid to high 400's is something I did frequently see on live from rogues without any buffs (were elves as well so they were nowhere near 250 str). So it's really hard to figure out if rogues are doing more max damage than intended. What is certain is that armor class is not working correctly, as I can see no difference in damage numbers between cloth and plate for the most part. I almost feel like I backstab plate for higher average damage than cloth.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shamans and necros easy kills unless they box oor healers (Drakaris)
U on drugs? Why u putting my name out there son.