Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"how else can i get around this box rule but still box? suggestions plz"
Its fair to ask for clarification on some of these, I know for sure people log on to chardok accept and invite to exp and then afk forever. when you are talking about 30 day bans id rather be very clear on the rules even if it exposes the loopholes than not talk about them and watch people get banned for shit they didnt know was illegal.
Solo Kills
Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Aviak

The enforceability question applies equally to boxing in general, and is outside the scope of my question.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what motivated my question.
There is not a rule against using twitch or livestream. Sirken himself streams through twitch. You are allowed to stream to as many people as you want which can include tracking mobs so you guild could potentially see. You cannot however use a program that gives you the ability to control someone else's screen to play eq from another computer while you currently have your own eq instance going. Hope this helps answer your question.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

1 player,1 pc
Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its fair to ask for clarification on some of these, I know for sure people log on to chardok accept and invite to exp and then afk forever. when you are talking about 30 day bans id rather be very clear on the rules even if it exposes the loopholes than not talk about them and watch people get banned for shit they didnt know was illegal.
Sure, but the rules are crystal clear... just play one account, on one computer.

1 account
1 computer

How is there any middle ground to that? If you want a live feed for the EC tunnel there's ahungry.com/eqauctions

If you really want to multibox, play blue as well as red, or try PEQ, can 10 box if you like <3
Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Kobold

The levels that people on this server will go to for any sort of competitive advantage are insane. Not very classic and I don't see what the reason for playing on a classic server in this fashion is.

Hoop kills, for instance. Where is the fun in that? Meta gaming to the point that the game is no longer fun . . . it's just strange. Like working a job you're not being paid for.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 06-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoesha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is not a rule against using twitch or livestream. Sirken himself streams through twitch. You are allowed to stream to as many people as you want which can include tracking mobs so you guild could potentially see. You cannot however use a program that gives you the ability to control someone else's screen to play eq from another computer while you currently have your own eq instance going. Hope this helps answer your question.
Right, I mentioned myself that it's currently within the rules. I think it's worth noting that Sirken doesn't stream on red specifically because the extra vision provides an unfair advantage to those watching and a disadvantage to those being watched. I think the potential for unfairness exists on blue as well, although the cases are much narrower. Sirken would have to be looking right at a spawn point when a tracked mob pops or something.

If we define playing as controlling both the input and output, I'm fine with that, too.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

nothing says classic like bind sighting someone, starting a skype call and allowing your guild to watch the spawn location for 16 hours guys.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 06-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Not classic. You sit on that verina spawn for days like everyone else did in 2000
Old 06-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another good one daladen mentioned. I turn on my work pc and log in a tracker for some mob e.g. Verina tomb. I then go home and leave that tracker on with an sms program to text me when it spawns. I then log in from home to kill this mob. since I am only 1 person playing at home and cannot possibly play the other toon is this illegal? What if my friend is the one who leaves his pc on instead of me doing it at work?
why wouldn't you just leave computer on at work with private twitch stream to see when the mob spawns? don't need sms text program [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]