Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Min-maxing is orthogonal to maturity. It's possible to be adult about sharing in a video game while still being all about maximizing your toon(s). And it's a different environment when you don't have 2000 people competing for the same targets. One thing I'm sure of is that come Velious, there won't be a 90 person line for the holgresh camp or 40 people all poopsocking Scout Charisa, Lodizal, and Stormfeather. P99 is a great case study of widespread mental illness.
Yes, P99 is a victim of its own success. With 7-800 prime time players and Luclin models I might still have played here, but I will never be able to invest enough time to be able to enjoy some of the best content because of the overwhelming competition. And because of this there is a steady stream of people migrating from P99 to P2002.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Orc

Honestly I agree, too many folks not enough to do if they made a second server and you had to pick one or the other I would be in, but as of right now the raid scene is horrible and the high level camps are permanent camped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Great server, great job by the devs, just too many people trying to do the same thing.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:35 AM
Orc

As far as the luclin models if you are really playing a game to be pretty, eq in general may not be for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], but we all play different I guess.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Would definitely play here more if the client was updated to allow native third-person.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideponies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as the luclin models if you are really playing a game to be pretty, eq in general may not be for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], but we all play different I guess.
What's wrong with wanting the better Luclin models as opposed to dated 1999 graphics? Many of us love eq's game play but despise the sucky lego graphics.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Orc

I wasn't saying that you can't like or not like the graphics (you can do what ya want [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) I was just saying I find the uproar over the luclin models silly. Seems there other games out there for dress up.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Large Bat

my problem with the old models is that my bare blue dark elf ass was always displayed through my britches. Luclin models cover it up and I prefer not to have my bare ass showing all the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2015, 06:39 PM
Skeleton

I definitely am interested in a server that stops at PoP. Only problem is I don't want to spend a bunch of time leveling back up.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely am interested in a server that stops at PoP. Only problem is I don't want to spend a bunch of time leveling back up.
Just like EQMac there is a 20% xp bonus. In fact you level so fast that its impossible to keep your melee skills up until level 45 somewhere. Because of this I actually avoid the hot zones.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Skeleton

I believe there are also grouping bonuses, similar to Red99. If you have a full group of 6, the experience gained is only split 5 ways, so it really is significant, and in your best interest to group up.
Closed Thread