Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

moaning aside, i am kind of curious as to the logic behind this change. is this intended to curb petitions regarding people farming epic MQs? or is this an RMT thing?

epics were definitely obtainable pre-46 on live except for mages. i had a couple friends that had ragebringers on their lowbie rogues.. but good luck finding the evidence to support that.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I read this right, epics are having lvl 46 requirements added to the equipping of the items. The quest can still be completed via MQ at sub-46 levels?
Sounds like it. So id say yea you can still park level 5 warriors in EC with lightsabers.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how weak the pro-nerf arguments are from the players. Just ready to accept a nonsensical item level requirement that hasn't existed for a couple of years because they have no aspiration themselves to create an epic twink. Bigotry anyone? You don't think people should be able to create epic twinks anymore, because you don't create twinks and only log on your level 60 <BDA> or <Assguard> for raids.

It just isn't making sense, but staff has no interest in shedding any light on the reasons behind the change.

"Deal with it". We're still trying to understand what exactly we are supposed to deal with, and for what reason?

"Level up faster loser". We level at the pace we level, this is not a legit debate point. Smacks of hardcore raid guild elitism, which is how most of the <Asgard> players came off.

"You don't need to buy an epic to have a nice twink weapon". Sure but it would be nice to aspire to great things with the BIS rewards and the ultimate min-max twink. Rerollers will roll many characters just to play an epic twink.

Yeah, lets remove the crown jewels of twinking just because some people camp epics and sell MQs to raid guild twinks like every other in-demand hot item in the game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, stop being a little bitch. This isn't your server, you've told your peace now, people gave you suggestions. Now move on.

And seriously, read this, and everyone who doesn't like this change should also read this.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...highlight=brad
Last edited by fishingme; 09-02-2015 at 11:46 AM..
Old 09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Bring back Luclin models! Wooooweeeee!!!
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is your sandbox. However, it's here for our enjoyment also and you keep making unclassic changes there won't be anyone playing in your sandbox.
Heh. Pretty sure I've been seeing similar comments since the day this server opened.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

I know for a fact, not that this will change anything... however... in regards to the SK epic.

While there are many level stop-gaps and innate difficulty with the SK epic itself- the fact that it was *for a time* a looted item, levels 1's did and could have an SK epic while the proc was still of higher level req.

I would say it should be moved to the "coin" era and flow of quest... although I like from a lore perspective the original process of him dropping it as a loot item, and every SK should feel that LONG timer count down to being able to loot if they didn't get the exp kill haha!

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Kobold

good stuff!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Aviak

LOL
Old 09-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Nilbog, this is huge! I will start playing again!
Aye and it is the changes that people were waiting for after all. After careful consideration last night I changed my position.

This is sure to bring a lot of people back now that nobody will be able to roll an epic twink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bring on more wacko bird non-classic changes and the box is gonna be booming with life. "This formula is gonna rock" - Brad McQuaid.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just have to ask; if you were willing to spend 2 months grinding out 30k... why not spend two weeks getting to level 46 and then being able to use it again?

Edit: And this is a super serious question. You said you are already level 34. That's only 12 levels left to go. In two weeks you could be level 46 with probably just a couple hours a day on average playing. Easily significantly less time than you spent porting people to earn 30k.
My playtime is like 2-3 hours in the evening max. .. and like 2-3 days a week for some group exp.. with family and stuff i cannot be online all evening/night. Often I cannot play for a few days..

My wizard is lvl 34, but my epiced rogue is lvl 22 atm, so it would be 24 more to go.
If i get a group for 2 hours .. not sure, but its like 1/3 or 1/2 a lvl atm? Prolly more... but I dont think 2 weeks will be feasible.
I dont know how you going for 0-45 in a few hours or days .. I dont know peeps that could help me out and I dont have the cash to buy this kind of service.

I got my epic end of July this year and stripped some stuff off my wizard to grab the last needed cash (like gebs and froglok BRobe) to reach the 30k.

Like I said, I absolutely understand the reasons, but for me personally the information is 1 month too late.. as I could have spend my money to ugrade other stuff.

But thats how it is .. so pretty much really bad timing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Grimmisch; 09-02-2015 at 05:36 PM..
Closed Thread