Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I had a cleric with epic at 41. Could definitely equip. Just couldn't click until 46. Got much hate for both reasons.
Hey bud!!!!! Hope all is well

Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I had a cleric with epic at 41. Could definitely equip. Just couldn't click until 46. Got much hate for both reasons.
You had to be 50 to click the epic???????????
Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 AM
VIP / Contributor

Not the cleric epic. I was rezzing people with the 96% rez before I could manually cast the 90% rez
Old 09-07-2015, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not the cleric epic. I was rezzing people with the 96% rez before I could manually cast the 90% rez
Not on this server.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Banned

This sort of works out. Was the kick in the butt I needed to figure out my rogues situation. Up to lvl 39 from 23 now.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
So are you saying clerics who have had their Mq here pre 50 should have been able to click their epic ?! I never realized that in live, as there were much less MQs
Old 09-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am one of those people. Directly above this post (the one I am quoting) is another one of those people. Removing Luclin models made the server MORE classic. This change is making the server LESS classic (at least from a technical standpoint). I'll admit that epic twinks were rare on live - but not impossible.

As many people have said, making this change doesn't fix anything on THIS server ... it's already well-trashed from a wealth imbalance standpoint.

edit: Alright damnit... your posts are confusing. I just re-read what I quoted and it seems like we are violently agreeing.
There were no epics in 99, but regardless. I can say for a fact that the rogue epic, at least toward the very end of Velious, was a required level 50 to have Stanos successfully do the turn in for your dagger. He ate my pieces at level 48, which was also a reason behind me rerolling my rogue to vah shir when Luclin dropped. I had a GM refuse to give me the items back who was glad to tell me why they were eaten.

Only thing I can find on the subject is heresay thoughts and patch quotes about the beastlord epic. I just know the above 100% through experience... a really crappy experience.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were no epics in 99, but regardless. I can say for a fact that the rogue epic, at least toward the very end of Velious, was a required level 50 to have Stanos successfully do the turn in for your dagger. He ate my pieces at level 48, which was also a reason behind me rerolling my rogue to vah shir when Luclin dropped. I had a GM refuse to give me the items back who was glad to tell me why they were eaten.

Only thing I can find on the subject is heresay thoughts and patch quotes about the beastlord epic. I just know the above 100% through experience... a really crappy experience.
That funny because my rogue on live had his epic right at level 46, he was created after PoP.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not on this server.
I'm talking about on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are you saying clerics who have had their Mq here pre 50 should have been able to click their epic ?! I never realized that in live, as there were much less MQs
It wasn't an MQ. Everything about the cleric epic is freely open and accessible at any level. I tagged along with a raid guild down to the chardok royals while doing /assist heals to keep their squishies alive and got the scroll. Everything else was outdoors and mildly contested but otherwise cake.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've replied to this in threads of the past, but:

Personally, I'd like to create classically-inspired content and mechanics as an addition to a new server while leaving p99 as a museum quality example of classic eq. There would be no custom content on the (most classic as possible) server. Additional bugs or researched anomalies would still be corrected.

After we have prekunark-Velious as pristine as possible, the aforementioned classically-inspired content is where I would devote my free time. I do not believe any developer on staff wants to work on recreating anything past Velious.
Assuming there was a PvP server as well, I would play.

Forever.

Project 1999 Red
Last edited by HappyTr33z; 09-08-2015 at 01:11 AM..
Closed Thread