Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope he means plat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL yeah I mean plat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] -- Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Kobold

Mesenkomaha: Just hit 26 and have been doing SK hermit on my troll shammy. I'm looking for maybe two spawns level 23ish with a 5-6 minute spawn time so I can do homework in between. Any ideas of the top of your heads? I'm scouring the wiki for a few ideas and might give the guards outside of Surefall a shot.

Try Saben tucross in lfay
Only one spawn but he's lev 22 and nice xp. He's in a hut, outside our other mobs, but they won't aggro. Just don't get too close to the hut on right, as they do aggro.
I did him on my sham, and it's easy run to steam front Druid to sell (the merchant at SF ring sells to all) or to MM if you wanna group

Edit : how to kill him ... Pull with slow, mele while repeatdy nuking, he goes down fast, you'll be fm by the time he respawns.
Last edited by Cillaz; 09-11-2015 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I've seen but I don't have that kinda cash. Guess I need to find some PP camps first.
Thanks for the tips guys!
its so easy! just start going through the quest, you can do everything in one day SOLO (especially at 53 omg!) up to the black dire...

for the black dire, the advisor spawns every 6 hours, so if its down, just wait and hang out and PL newbs and camp the Namdes in there for fun.. all you need is ONE melee class to duo it with your greater healing spell. I duoed it with a 60 monk when I was in my 40s.

after the black dire you can head to city of mist, and just hang out and buff people while you collect books and turn them in to the spirit dog outside of the zone in EJ.

Then all you need to do is get a decent level 60 tank/healer and or a bunch of pals and go kill the final boss.

But for the most part 90% of the quest is easy and totaly soloable in your 30s or even lower (except you run the risk of getting killed by random merbs while you travel around etc) and then 5% of it is black dire and the other is the final fight.

I forgot to hit enter when I left for vacation this weekend and just sat back down. /sigh back to work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its so easy! just start going through the quest, you can do everything in one day SOLO (especially at 53 omg!) up to the black dire...

for the black dire, the advisor spawns every 6 hours, so if its down, just wait and hang out and PL newbs and camp the Namdes in there for fun.. all you need is ONE melee class to duo it with your greater healing spell. I duoed it with a 60 monk when I was in my 40s.

after the black dire you can head to city of mist, and just hang out and buff people while you collect books and turn them in to the spirit dog outside of the zone in EJ.

Then all you need to do is get a decent level 60 tank/healer and or a bunch of pals and go kill the final boss.

But for the most part 90% of the quest is easy and totaly soloable in your 30s or even lower (except you run the risk of getting killed by random merbs while you travel around etc) and then 5% of it is black dire and the other is the final fight.

I forgot to hit enter when I left for vacation this weekend and just sat back down. /sigh back to work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done the quest up to just before Dire Wolf and also did the pages a few times while leveling in COM but also did the beginning turn in of the quest a few times for faction. Fear is where I'm kind of getting stuck at the moment.

Also thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, one of the most helpful ones on these boards.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:35 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nude Tayne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've just gotten my first pet and am a little confused. There seems to be a general consensus that getting the pet is life-changing for soloing, but to me it doesn't seem that way. If you let the pet tank you have to spend even more mana on top of your dots to keep him healed, as he doesn't take a beating very well. If you root rot, well, you can't use your pet because then your pet would just end up tanking. No kind of slow for kiting. I see where the pet becomes free damage if I do the tanking myself, but I still have to spend my mana on keeping myself healed and slowed just like I would if the pet were tanking. My gear is standard as mentioned in the guide and not twinked (scaled mythic armor, HP rings, Jade Chokidai Prod, Charred Guardian Shield, etc.).

What am I missing? I feel like mobs are always going to be hitting something if I'm using my pet, so what is the proper way to use it to maximize efficiency? Thanks in advance for the help!
This is why I advise to use pet as a CC and then damage. Use the pet to control the mob and get it rooted/dotted. When pet is low life 35% pull it back and he is out of fight. Do not heal pet unless its a life saving heal after you have pulled him back.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Essentially this I read this after my reply;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Send pet in, back him off once he gets low and make him /sit til he regens. He's not great damage, but some added dps and mana free after the initial cast. Also, once a mob is below 20% and flees, send pet in and he will finish it and not get hit.
Til higher up, don't worry bout buffs or heals on pet, just treat him like a dot, not a pet!. It takes too much mana healing him and buffing etc when you are low.
Root rot mob, send pet in til pet is 40%hp, back off, send pet in again when mob flees.
Pet also works to split mobs, you root one - send pet on other, root other without aggro, then back off pet.
These are the things that are useful and really help. Don't think of him like a pet like a Mage/necro - there pets are a lot better.
Also, camp one of the Mage clickie items, to reclaim mana on pets. They are clickable by any class from inventory slot. That way you can keep casting til you get a max level pet, this also makes the pet last a bit longer in fights and do a bit more damage. The items are soloae at 34. I did it as iksar in full banded, so any sham should be able to.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ancient croc would likely be the only place giving exp 34+ in upper.

Could probably do either zone in (live/dead side) in lower guk.
no, theres some high lvl frogs in there, near the zone line...

`Levels 30-35. The only place left to hunt are the shins and nok by the live side of lower guk. `

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Froglok_Shin_Knight

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1392

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=29031

only problem is they tend to hang about in grps of 3 and can be pain to get split. Call for help if you see high lvl peeps passing to lower guk or ask a fd/CC class to help.

Once split you can intheory do both crocs and frogs, but in reality mana regen will limit you.

In the past ive straddled that zone line, theres some singles in lower you can fight, but they are a bit tuffer*....try and buy some buffs! if you get an add you will probly need to zone....rare you get trained at that zoneline. 90% of guk exp crowd ignore the minos area.....faction issues, and the pathing is dodgy.

if you bring a small grp the minos are fun 35+ Best to bring friends and a fd puller. PUG arent easy here...

*could slow/tankin upper...had to root/rot in lower, didnt have the gear to melee the harder hitters.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 09-18-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Old 09-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

This is my course thus far:
After the swamp about 8 I headed for East Commons, dinged a few there while bonking around the orc camp. Then I moved west killing willowisps and kodiaks untill they were no longer a match, got myself a port for North Karanas and continued with the wisps, turning in alot of lighstones to the nice gypsie girl. I was 15 that time or so.

So I moved into Lavastorm, smacking the flying rocks untill 19 and then hauled ass to oasis drilling some alligators on the way to Upper Guk. Did one level there murdering the Squire for his Fork and left for Lake Rathe. Killed the birds around the arena there untill I got 24. Back to Guk for one more level and ported to Faydwer, kozing it up in Mistmoore EU times for very good exp, dropping into the sister hut when its busy in MM.

Soon to hit 29 and am about to have all the Totemic pieces except for the ones in Everfrost areas. If anyone is dropping near Kedge, let me know, Im trying to get a hold on the fin. Love the shaman btw, and this thread!
Old 09-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

What's the best travel route to get from Antonica to kurns by port?
Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Large Rat

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I've got a SK that I've got as high as 25 but I've been wanting to play a healer and last night I finally got around to rolling my ickle troll shaman.

It helps alot to have a plan in mind. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, theres some high lvl frogs in there, near the zone line...

`Levels 30-35. The only place left to hunt are the shins and nok by the live side of lower guk. `

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Froglok_Shin_Knight

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1392

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=29031

only problem is they tend to hang about in grps of 3 and can be pain to get split. Call for help if you see high lvl peeps passing to lower guk or ask a fd/CC class to help.

Once split you can intheory do both crocs and frogs, but in reality mana regen will limit you.

In the past ive straddled that zone line, theres some singles in lower you can fight, but they are a bit tuffer*....try and buy some buffs! if you get an add you will probly need to zone....rare you get trained at that zoneline. 90% of guk exp crowd ignore the minos area.....faction issues, and the pathing is dodgy.

if you bring a small grp the minos are fun 35+ Best to bring friends and a fd puller. PUG arent easy here...

*could slow/tankin upper...had to root/rot in lower, didnt have the gear to melee the harder hitters.
at 34/35 I as able to handle either zone line in lower without too much issue. Dead side is easier, but tends to have more people and more trains. My advice, root first while you are learning what you can pull/breaking.
Also, just nuke wizards down. 2 winter's roar should have them feeling, if not dead outright.
Closed Thread