Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Specter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
counterstrike deathmatch eq is only fun for so long. there will be no progression of any type if PvE deaths reset.
oh noes my pixels
Old 11-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

In counterstrike you got to keep your currency on death!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Specter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if the server was created where only PVP deaths reset your level... exp was treated as normal. Now you can actually have groups. And melees.

Now it's legit with long-term status.
Just my thoughts:

The allure of a server like Discord is that i actually want to feel singled out, all alone, in survival mode to the max. There just doesn't need to be any type of carebearing at all. It's not a bad thought, in fact this sounds like the premise of a neat new type of server. That being said Lord Sirken has confirmed that they will attempt to make Discord as "close to the original" as possible while still changing what they need to to fit it into p99's system. if you enabled this option I feel it would in a couple of ways deter PVP, which shouldn't even be a thought on Discord.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Orc

discord needs to be as brutal as possible so nerds will quit after they die and reroll r99. could see a pop boost from this if we hype it correctly. d99 wont cause population split like teams server would have
Old 11-15-2015, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Classic feel is awesome

Until you realize how much it sucks to have low hps, low mana, and no resists.

whomever gets the bard group running first wins (assuming no hacks). Have fun managing selos. Once the group is on top of you you'll be getting facefulls of interrupts and CC... They won't even have to nuke hard if there's a Mage pet or two involved.

Every time you guys talk about singled out and all alone you're basically saying "it'll be fun until I die to overcon mobs or a roaming 3+ person pk group." I almost hope for your sakes that you die to pve because it won't feel remotely fair if you end up with a pvp group on top of you.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Banned

Classic rule set pls

We endured enough custom retardation like xp loss and 8 lvl range.

P99 is lacking in undercon mobs like Sergeant Slate and Dorn.

All the other non classic problems are mostly resolved and for the better.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Orc

Discord will be just a distraction for most. It would be nice if they let it precede some kind of pvp reboot. Red99 feels dead most of the time.
Closed Thread