Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

No idea what happens atm. I just have 3 years of raiding experience in Kunark being in the non factor / underdog / top guilds at various points. Low variance will make raiding worse. Now that pretty much every guild understands and has adopted the track / batphone style of raiding (which absolutely wasn't the case back then) longer windows wouldn't seem so horrifying. 72 hours seemed intimidating but omg it was so much more relaxed. Added benefit of shuffling windows so we don't get 24-48 neck beard festivals. With the downside of less mobs.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couple things.

Doesn't this happen anyway? (CoTH ducking?)

If a quarter of the server is tracking the target I'm going after, why wouldn't I take my guild to any of the other dozen targets that are going to spawn in the next 20 minutes.
The risk of loosing and dying is worth the loot to be gained. The barrier for trying would be as low as travel time to get there and maybe some CR. Currently fighting outside your weight class to sort of speak is a 16 hour waste of time.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The risk of loosing and dying is worth the loot to be gained. The barrier for trying would be as low as travel time to get there and maybe some CR. Currently fighting outside your weight class to sort of speak is a 16 hour waste of time.
So your argument against no-variance is it makes it possible for more guilds to compete for loot?

I suppose that's true and that would happen. Maybe we would see BDA and FAT taking more shots at targets that previously Rampage would have gotten uncontested. Why is that bad? Why shouldn't guilds push themselves to try harder content? Shit's classic.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your argument against no-variance is it makes it possible for more guilds to compete for loot?

I suppose that's true and that would happen. Maybe we would see BDA and FAT taking more shots at targets that previously Rampage would have gotten uncontested. Why is that bad? Why shouldn't guilds push themselves to try harder content? Shit's classic.
FAT doesn't go for yelinak, tunare, and sleepers(due to lack of keys) currently. Rampage has to work for everything it kills otherwise.

As for BDA not bothering don't know, don't care.

Guilds do push harder for greater content. I've seen gimpatron getting all sorts of stuff that they hadn't been getting pre-velious. Anon got a VS kill, I was surprised and impressed by that. I'd expect these guys to crack into VP in a year at this rate.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

have u considerd red
Old 11-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

I'd rather help improve blue or help bad ideas (like this) die to keep it from being worse.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FAT doesn't go for yelinak, tunare, and sleepers(due to lack of keys) currently. Rampage has to work for everything it kills otherwise.

As for BDA not bothering don't know, don't care.

Guilds do push harder for greater content. I've seen gimpatron getting all sorts of stuff that they hadn't been getting pre-velious. Anon got a VS kill, I was surprised and impressed by that. I'd expect these guys to crack into VP in a year at this rate.
Good for FAT!

Of course guilds push for harder content, and I'm really happy to see someone is keeping Rampage honest.

But there are enough Velious targets that no matter how great Vulak's loot is, eventually, Rampage is going to want to kill Tormax, or AoW, or ST. Right now Rampage pretty much gets whatever they want, as I understand it, because spawns are so spread out.

Lets take a hypothetical. Lets assume that Rampage's number 1 target is Vulak. With no variance, Rampage is going to sit their asses in NToV until Vulak is dead. They'll either be contesting targets, or going after their own dragons, but they're not gonna leave and go after Tormax because someone else will take Vulak while they're gone.

That means another guild can kill Tormax. Maybe FAT, maybe BDA, (who is gimpatron btw?). It also leaves Zland and Kland open for whoever wants them. You want FAT in ST? Make Rampage choose between NToV and Klandicar. Right now they don't have to--they can go for both pretty easily because chances are nothing else will be popped or late in window in the event of a kland pop.

No variance also means that all of the bigger raid guilds are in Velious and ignoring Gorenaire, Trakanon, VS and such and will let smaller guilds take a shot at these.

I don't see how this is bad for anyone except Rampage. It's certainly good for the smaller guilds. In fact, I would bet that nearly every raid guild will kill more raid targets without variance.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Gimpatron is Omni/Europa/Azure Guard?

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gimpatron is Omni/Europa/Azure Guard?
keep up, wasn't it BDA that gave them that name?
Old 11-23-2015, 02:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea what happens atm. I just have 3 years of raiding experience in Kunark being in the non factor / underdog / top guilds at various points. Low variance will make raiding worse. Now that pretty much every guild understands and has adopted the track / batphone style of raiding (which absolutely wasn't the case back then) longer windows wouldn't seem so horrifying. 72 hours seemed intimidating but omg it was so much more relaxed. Added benefit of shuffling windows so we don't get 24-48 neck beard festivals. With the downside of less mobs.
So you have no idea how raiding works in Velious and you are basing your opinion on Kunark raiding in a thread that's discussing why Velious has removed the need for variance to exist? Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather help improve blue or help bad ideas (like this) die to keep it from being worse.
Again. If you aren't active in the current raid scene and know how things are going in Velious atm I don't really think you have much weight behind anything you're saying. But congratulations on helping this bad idea (that you know nothing about) die.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread