Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Banned

football is prolly the sport that comes closest to abstracting combat into a ball game, I'll give it that. Nothing intrinsically wrong with it. The way it's broadcast is literally unwatchable tho.

It's hard to watch plebcasted sports with commercial breaks for Natty Ice and USArmy recruitment when you've experienced the paradise of free transmission of information first hand. I miss my PPV black box and 90s boxing. I'm sure sunday football's a jolly good time for people who have never experienced a day outside the mindcage tho.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Why can't you just say you don't like commercials, why do you have to be such a fruitcake
Old 12-28-2015, 12:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why can't you just say you don't like commercials, why do you have to be such a fruitcake
His Holiness couches His meaning in eloquent and floral phrasings. it is a sign of how strongly the Holy Spirit of Retardation guides Him.

Show the proper respect. Consider this your one warning.
Last edited by Pokesan; 12-28-2015 at 12:29 AM..
Old 12-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

A win next week and the jets are in.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at all of these advanced people who are morally superior for disliking competitive sports.

btw, you sound pathetic when you try to give some kind of moral justification for a personal preference. Just admit it. You were terrible at anything involving physical activity and now you're jaded against those who the girls wanted to talk to.
You sound upset so let me clarify.

I don't hold it against anyone for wanting to watch a bunch of overpaid men in tights and pads play about 11 minutes of a game over the course of 4 hours. It's the same as how I don't hold it against you that you like boys. Everyone is entitled to preferences.

I just don't understand why people get so attached and immersed when they aren't actually playing the game.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
football is prolly the sport that comes closest to abstracting combat into a ball game, I'll give it that. Nothing intrinsically wrong with it. The way it's broadcast is literally unwatchable tho.

It's hard to watch plebcasted sports with commercial breaks for Natty Ice and USArmy recruitment when you've experienced the paradise of free transmission of information first hand. I miss my PPV black box and 90s boxing. I'm sure sunday football's a jolly good time for people who have never experienced a day outside the mindcage tho.

Don't forget about rugby, bro. I'd say thats closer to combat than hand egg
Old 12-28-2015, 03:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound upset so let me clarify.

I don't hold it against anyone for wanting to watch a bunch of overpaid men in tights and pads play about 11 minutes of a game over the course of 4 hours. It's the same as how I don't hold it against you that you like boys. Everyone is entitled to preferences.

I just don't understand why people get so attached and immersed when they aren't actually playing the game.

You're right. I am now ashamed.

I will smash my genitals with a mallet for 3 days in atonement.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy_Pagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget about rugby, bro. I'd say thats closer to combat than hand egg
There is a necessity of pads in Football but not in rugby due to the difference in how explosive the athletes are. Also being that the goal of Football is to collide for both parties, whereas in rugby the collisions are one-sided with one party giving way, or incidental in nature with one party moving away and mitigating the impact (tackles).

The myth that rugby is a tougher sport remains unsubstantiated.

American Football is incredibly deleterious to the entire body. The average NFL defensive and offensive line career was 3 years. Many football players retire and wake up in the middle of the night, taking 5 minutes to remember who and where they are, in their own home unable to recognize their children until several minutes go by. Yikes.

Favre was a QB and even his marbles have been called into question. I had a guy on my high school team eat 3 concussions within his first year, and retired due to brain bleeding at the ripe age of 15.

The lobbyists and media have been protecting the NFL for a very long time.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 12-28-2015 at 04:45 AM..
Old 12-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why do you have to be such a fruitcake
uh oh this guy is figuring me out
Old 12-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that most good streams these days cut out the commercials, right?