Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Nah I just didn't know who huey was until that post.

Dude is psycho
Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go play the server, spread the word about P99, come back for Kunark.
Can we do crazy things like.... Guild <P1999therealdeal> ?
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

i would totally put an alt in that guild.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Orc

SOE seems to have activated many old accounts with free playtime until 21st February or something. I just tried and it works. Very few seems to be aware of it since no mails have been sent out.

No need to re-sub for most if you want to try out Fippy Darkpaw at the server launch.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Kobold

The truth is,

Project 1999 is the greatest effort ever created to replicate classic Everquest. The truth also is, Everquest Live will have far more players and far more nice ones. The truth of the matter is project 1999's community amongst guilds is disgusting. The truth for one will be playing Everquest Live in hopes of more happier avenue. I have forseen a quite of number of players from project 1999 soon to be leaving. Part of the reason being the crap jerks in certain guilds on this server. The forums are no different!

The Truth Has Spoken!

Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they had a fixed 1 year per expansion ... maybe. If I needed to blaze through an expansion every 60-90 days to keep up, no thanks.

90 days, 60 days, it will become the same as the other progression servers.

Too many expansions, too fast is what killed EQ.

The voting is a great idea. But only if it drags out when expansions are released.

H
1 year for each expansion? Maybe if they only went up to velious, but not with the intent of eventually enabling all expansions. Don't they do an expansion every 6 months anyway? They would never catch up.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Aviak

Oh, and there is no reason you can't play on both servers (progression and P1999). The main reason I lost interest in P1999 and don't play here as much anymore is because the raiding scene is too messed up. All I ever do here now is play an alt for an hour or 2 or run around with my cleric and rez people. By playing on both servers, I can still play the alts on P1999 and at the same time raid on progression. It's the best of both worlds.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atern [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main reason I lost interest in P1999 and don't play here as much anymore is because the raiding scene is too messed up.
<>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atern [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..playing on both servers, I can still play the alts on P1999 and at the same time raid on progression. It's the best of both worlds.
wait, so you think there will be only casual raiders on progression without batphones and poopsockin?

it will be worse than P99 since RMT is tolerated on live -> asian armada incoming on feb 14th.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<>

wait, so you think there will be only casual raiders on progression without batphones and poopsockin?

it will be worse than P99 since RMT is tolerated on live -> asian armada incoming on feb 14th.
I dunno, maybe it will be worse, maybe not. The main reason it's so bad here is because everyone has had time to level to 50 and raid before new content came out. So now you have a dozen guilds competing for a handful of raid targets, whereas on the progression server I hope the speed of the expansions weather it a little. I'm sure a couple guilds will rush to vox and naggy and have some competition, but once kunark and then velious is released, the competition will start to dwindle because some guilds will out pace the others. The problem with the raid scene here is guilds don't have the ability to out pace each other anymore.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The problem with the raid scene here is guilds don't have the ability to out pace each other anymore.
march 25th! <

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread