Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Banned

what?
Old 02-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah.... game is pretty dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH4QOcSAqLM
How is 1 hour of gameplay for 20 dollars dope?

This looks like cult bullshit for hipster nerds. Anyone positively reviewing the "game" could be mentally ill based on what I've seen so far.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah.... game is pretty dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH4QOcSAqLM

hey dude, i heard humble bundle has 35 "pretty dope" early access games on sale for just $15 right now!! you could gain an entire steam collector level and think of the trading cards!!!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

I thought this game sounded like 3d version of braid but it seems much much worse. (and I didnt like braid)

Ive felt the videogame industry has gone to shit somewhere in the ps3 era. To make matters worse, unless you are at least like 24-25 years old, modern gaming is all you know and is accepted and soon enough these people will be the ones making all the videogames.

We've seen god of war clones, halo clones, minecraft clones, wow clones, gta clones, etc. and every one of these piece of crap games get great reviews from everybody. Even "indie" titles these days are all uninteresting 1-3 hour time wasters yet people willingly pay to support this garbage.

The sources of good games these days are slim. There are some good ones here and there but for the most part the industry is pure trash these days. I don't know how anybody could justify spending hundreds on a new console in this era.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this game sounded like 3d version of braid but it seems much much worse. (and I didnt like braid)

Ive felt the videogame industry has gone to shit somewhere in the ps3 era. To make matters worse, unless you are at least like 24-25 years old, modern gaming is all you know and is accepted and soon enough these people will be the ones making all the videogames.

We've seen god of war clones, halo clones, minecraft clones, wow clones, gta clones, etc. and every one of these piece of crap games get great reviews from everybody. Even "indie" titles these days are all uninteresting 1-3 hour time wasters yet people willingly pay to support this garbage.

The sources of good games these days are slim. There are some good ones here and there but for the most part the industry is pure trash these days. I don't know how anybody could justify spending hundreds on a new console in this era.
It's not like Braid at all. The only way the arrow of time can reverse is in the replay, which has been a feature of pretty much every replay engine ever. Other than that, it's a shooter where you walk like someone broke your legs with a hammer and bullets travel at about 35 feet per second.

Hitting a running target from 15 feet away requires you to lead them by more than a full body length. I booted up the game to take a screenshot demonstrating exactly how slow bullet velocity is, but I ran into the absolutely terrible collision detection first:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^that bullet hits the wall, not the enemy, and does nothing

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

cutting edge in 2016 yall
Old 02-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Banned

a lot of objectively wrong opinions in here lol

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/superhot
Old 02-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
a lot of objectively wrong opinions in here lol

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/superhot

One right opinion in here.

Quote:
$25 for a 90 minute campaign? Are they nuts? What good is innovative gameplay when the game is so short? People are literally playing the entire game and getting their money back on Steam because they haven't gone over the 2 hour limit for refunds. It's lazy development to release a game with so little content.
I do like the convenience of play-and-pitch. "Buy", play, and pitch the garbo in the trash. No charge. Now THAT is what I call proof of concept. Shitware should be free. This is cutting edge.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
what?
long play video search. They're actually pretty bad for a shooter, some sort of trendy game followers.

Had time to look over gameplay vids. looks boring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't imagine how many times I got so annoyed just with Skyrim slow-mo replays, especially when they would actually be a miss but I still get to helplessly watch the video as the giant is hoisting my character 300ft into the air like a rag doll. And slow-mo in a shooter... it's just not very logical. Even fallout screwed it up too often, I think the pause action screwed it up so you didn't need to challenge the brain vs reaction time.

tl;dr I think people playing this game too often would likely wind up getting hit by a bus as they cross the street.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tl;dr I think people playing this game too often would likely wind up getting hit by a bus as they cross the street.
A Daywolf post I can get on board with. Lets hope the Superhot fanboys all roll their wheelchairs out into oncoming traffic.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Banned

quake 3 fortress

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]
Closed Thread