Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

highest luclin focus was rank III which covered spells up to 60 before they started to deteriorate after that. rank IV was for spells up to 65, which is PoP.

aka there was no rank IV until PoP at the earliest as that is when the level cap went from 60 to 65
Old 03-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they are going custom content I would favor things that existed in Velious zones but post Velious

The iksar arc quests. Greenmist, Necro/Shaman/Monk/Warrior arcs to full completion.

The shawl 8th quest.

Vulak ring event.

Idol of Rallos Zek.

Shard of Hsagra's Talisman.

Focus effects added as they were in Luclin.

Flowing Thought stacking.

Basically just give me luclin, one of the EQ expansions.

Things like that, where Luclin improved hugely on Velious content after it was current.
I agree this makes the most sense for a starting point for custom content. Design isn't taking suggestions though but its nice to put the thought out there I guess.

Doing the above would go a long way towards adding some game balance and spice to get the custom content train rolling. From there-- custom encounters and zones would make a great stack.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Fabled does seem to fit in with Velious content on many mobs.

Example:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=27203

Fits the timeline and itemization perfectly.

The difficulty is increased so perhaps that is balance enough, since these mobs would be "Raid" mobs.

The Efreeti is level 70 and hits near 2k.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=14836

Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Aviak

no Pokes or IRYD so thus far this thread must not be worth much...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fabled does seem to fit in with Velious content on many mobs.

Example:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=27203

Fits the timeline and itemization perfectly.

The difficulty is increased so perhaps that is balance enough, since these mobs would be "Raid" mobs.
Max hit was 813. Flurries and enrages. Falls in line with INT caster Skyshrine armor. And you want to dump that in solb where 40-50 characters level?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Max hit was 813. Flurries and enrages. Falls in line with INT caster Skyshrine armor. And you want to dump that in solb where 40-50 characters level?
No not anytime soon. And I thought it was a given it would be temporary. No more than a weekend.

They could rotate Fabled zones by weekend every few months, giving people PLENTY of options and cover who aren't ready to fight the content. One weekend out of every 3-6 months would not be much of an inconvenience.

One time fabled lguk, next time fabled solb. What is the problem with that?

Old 03-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No not anytime soon. And I thought it was a given it would be temporary. No more than a weekend.

They could rotate Fabled zones by weekend every few months, giving people PLENTY of options and cover who aren't ready to fight the content. One weekend out of every 3-6 months would not be much of an inconvenience.

One time fabled lguk, next time fabled solb. What is the problem with that?
The issue is the quality of loot that drops. Random level 50 mobs dropping better or equal as good NTOV mobs. Mobs that would randomly pop and probably be 1 or 2 grouped vs ntov dragons and other high level velious targets.

This is nothing but a transparent desire to get endgame loot the easiest way possible.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue is the quality of loot that drops. Random level 50 mobs dropping better or equal as good NTOV mobs. Mobs that would randomly pop and probably be 1 or 2 grouped vs ntov dragons and other high level velious targets.

This is nothing but a transparent desire to get endgame loot the easiest way possible.
Well first, its Fabled, its not meant to be available and I'd imagine it wouldn't be.

How many drops in a weekend are you going to get? Even if you have a good camp, it shouldn't be available again for a very long time.

Second, there are absolutely no mobs that are level 50 dropping loot on par with NTOV demonstrated here. The lowest mob I have found is level 60. Third, questable NTOV is not true dragon NTOV loot by any stretch. I think that is exaggerating things a bit by referring to those legs as NTOV dragon raid loot.

Many of the mobs would only be killable by small raids, and maybe 2 groups of existing NTOV geared BIS players from what I can see of the stats on these mobs. It looks like you need the Velious gear to be able to get these items.

Efreeti isn't even slowable. It looks less complicated to implement than you make it out to be imo.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-04-2016 at 06:42 PM..
Old 03-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yep. Was such glorious weeks during fabled watching all the complaining on the forums from lower levels. It adds something to a game that becomes stale. Thats the whole point.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did i become Eratani? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol sorry Cat. I even had Cat written but was walking out the door for work and wasnt sure if it was you or era that said it. I figured i would never hear the end of it from Eratani if i called him you. You on the other hand would take it better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]