Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: What would you definitely play if it were released ?
Luclin to be released on both Blue and Red 132 40.99%
Teams 99 (Race based pvp server) with classic timeline 55 17.08%
Blue 99 2.0 with classic timeline (no wipe, just new server) 115 35.71%
Other (please specify) 20 6.21%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Kobold

They should copy Blue (Chars, guilds, everything) into "P99 Green" server that continues on to Luclin. This way, everyone can stay on Blue with the Velious-capped timeline, and those that want Luclin can play on Green.

Win win.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they won't give us Luclin + PoP...

Luclin upgraded Velious...

8th Shawl added
Iksar Classic Quest Chains completed
Focus Effects added to all items that got them
Luclin era upgrades on items (Blade of Carnage for example)
Beastlords added
AAs added

Let people just power up more and do the current content with fewer if there is no drive to add Luclin (2nd best) and PoP (best) EQ expansions.
I agree with this post 100%. PoP was definitely best but I really doubt we will even ever see Luclin here let alone PoP.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Some kind of hybrid PvP server is needed, whether its a Teams server with a carefully crafted ruleset or some kind of "purple" server with PvP only enabled for levels 55+ in raid zones or during certain limited windows. I think a custom ruleset is much preferable to custom content, it preserves the classic feel while providing alterations that modify the gameplay experience in a positive direction. The Teams concept has been talked about to death, but I'd really like to see some discussion on the concept of a purple server. It could be set up in such a way that PvP directly decided raid disputes, or it could be much more modest, with limited PvP FFA rules (level, zone and time restricted, i.e. "Trakanon will spawn Tuesday at 8 PM EST, Sebilis, Trak's Teeth and Emerald Jungle will be a FFA PvP zones for all 55+ players from 5 PM EST until Trakanon is killed") and/or scheduled Guild vs. Guild (perhaps 12 vs 12 or 18 vs 18) fights in tournament format with the winners receiving loot and raid tokens to spawn boss mobs. There is a large continuum that exists with a purple server like this in terms of leaning more toward Red or more toward Blue. The point is that PvP in EQ doesn't necessarily have to be a binary condition. A well designed custom ruleset could integrate PvP in such a way as to gain most of its benefits (excitement, competition, added depth, extra importance of gear, new strategies and teamwork) while limiting its drawbacks (griefing, excessive shit talking, running off casuals). We currently see massive problems at the high end of both Blue and Red. A purple served that addressed the weaknesses of each could be a big draw and a lot of fun.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some kind of hybrid PvP server is needed, whether its a Teams server with a carefully crafted ruleset or some kind of "purple" server with PvP only enabled for levels 55+ in raid zones or during certain limited windows. I think a custom ruleset is much preferable to custom content, it preserves the classic feel while providing alterations that modify the gameplay experience in a positive direction. The Teams concept has been talked about to death, but I'd really like to see some discussion on the concept of a purple server. It could be set up in such a way that PvP directly decided raid disputes, or it could be much more modest, with limited PvP FFA rules (level, zone and time restricted, i.e. "Trakanon will spawn Tuesday at 8 PM EST, Sebilis, Trak's Teeth and Emerald Jungle will be a FFA PvP zones for all 55+ players from 5 PM EST until Trakanon is killed") and/or scheduled Guild vs. Guild (perhaps 12 vs 12 or 18 vs 18) fights in tournament format with the winners receiving loot and raid tokens to spawn boss mobs. There is a large continuum that exists with a purple server like this in terms of leaning more toward Red or more toward Blue. The point is that PvP in EQ doesn't necessarily have to be a binary condition. A well designed custom ruleset could integrate PvP in such a way as to gain most of its benefits (excitement, competition, added depth, extra importance of gear, new strategies and teamwork) while limiting its drawbacks (griefing, excessive shit talking, running off casuals). We currently see massive problems at the high end of both Blue and Red. A purple served that addressed the weaknesses of each could be a big draw and a lot of fun.
May have been a good post, but not enough paragraphs. Couldn't read.

-Ket
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Ket, are you challenged? Even the most meager of intellects should be able to make some sense of it despite the lack of paragraphs.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Banned

Would ya look at that! Polls confirming (Once again) that the majority actually enjoy Luclin and it's only a vocal minority of mouthbreathers that cry about "cats on the moon" til their eyes bleed.

Who'da thunk?

P.S. Voted Luclin but would be pretty much equally happy with Blue99 2.0 (AKA Green99) at this point. I want to believe Teams would be fun but I'm fairly positive it would end up being p much identical to the absolute garbage that is Red99 within a couple months. Population would be in the gutter and 1 zerg guild would lord over everyone that was left and anyone that tried to contest would be annihilated. Tis the nature of EQ PvP it seems.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Luclin with no graphics update and berserkers.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiefboy777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin with no graphics update and berserkers.
the character models were optional with luclin, you didn't have to turn them on.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always have been/will be optional unless u wanted to use mounts then you had to use them. Never understood the outrage for other ppl that want to use them /shrug. Doesn't effect you if others use it.
Oh Ya I forgot, no mounts either.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:52 PM
Kobold

even though mounts were in with Luclin, they were prohibitively expensive and I never saw them used often until PoP
Closed Thread