Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Everyone's opinions vary from the different postings I've read in regards to the bonus xp weekend...as for myself, I want to say thank you to the managers of p99 for this weekend. I hadn't been on EQ for long,may be a year if that, but in my time here periodically playing I can't recall a bonus xp weekend. So again, thanks to those who made it possible. I've got a 41 warrior, a 22 wizard, a 21 necromancer, a 18 rogue,and a 7 iksar monk...and all of them express their gratitude for the 25% bonus xp. Now if in the past the bonus xp was higher in multiplication, hey I missed it, but I aint complaining about it either because with or without a bonus xp weekend this game is fun to me...
Old 05-30-2016, 11:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're being giving something for free, aside from the already free service p99 provides, and you're actually bitching that it's not enough.

I can't even
I'm not "bitching that it's not enough" and you know that. It's dishonest as fuck for you to put it that way.

_____
I'm postulating that the purpose of an exp boost event is probably to serve the purpose of stimulating the population in the short term, presumably for some sort of a lasting positive effect, and (assuming that this is true), suggesting that a more effective method might be to do the same thing but in a different way.

I'm not at all suggesting that 'I should be given more free stuff' as it were.

Let's say they implement a 25% bonus weekend 12 times a year (or 2 times or 50 times. I know 12 is a big number. It's just for the sake of example.) I'm suggesting that it would be more effective at its seeming goal if instead of a 25% bonus 12 times, they instead ran a 100% bonus 3 times. This equates to the same technical amount of opportunity; It's not asking for more stuff.

Imagine if instead of doing this current event, they did a 40 day 2.5% exp bonus event. Despite that being technically the same opportunity as this current event (4 days, 25% exp bonus), the 2.5% event would probably be less effective at having a positive impact on the community... One might suggest that a 4 day 25% exp bonus event would be better, and I doubt that that person would immediately be accused of bitching that the 40 day event is "not enough", or told to go find a different game, or other nonconstructive stuff. What would probably happen is a discussion about what the best type of way might be to implementing exp bonus events in the interest in helping the community.

I'm not asking for anything more than given. At all. And it's fucking disgusting that any of you would suggest that I have anything but the most earnest gratitude to the pioneers of this project simply for harshly criticizing the way they went about doing a thing.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:15 AM
Banned

125% is much better than 200% for precisely the reason you bitch - player behavior. Last exp bonus before this was 200% and everyone became a huge dickhead. This weekend was way better.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:40 AM
Kobold

Thanks for the xp bonus! Got some grouping in this weekend and got to see CoM which I haven't seen for at least ten years.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:16 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EXP Rates are now back to normal.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 05-31-2016, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks Rogean, hope you had a great Memorial Day
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 05-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're being giving something for free, aside from the already free service p99 provides, and you're actually bitching that it's not enough.

I can't even
Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was fun! Thank you for this, glad to see the promotion to get old school ppl back and help the ones still at home this weekend, once again PRAS!
Old 05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm new to the server, hadn't played real EQ in years. Though playtime was limited the bonus xp was much appreciated by my 10 druid and 6 bard! Thanks!

Shanatar
Desteny
Old 05-31-2016, 03:14 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the fun weekend first time back in the game in 13 years and had a blast made a 8 enchanter and a 10 SK I am amazed at how helpful this comunity is free buffs all day long and the dial a port guys make life easy.
Closed Thread