Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 07:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I already made a /loc macro - it was helpful, when I remembered to press it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Lvl 6 at the moment (same name as here), and made some alts as well (warrior, necro, cleric, rogue). It took me a while to find a rogue guild in Freeport [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anyways, I think I'll keep my druid as a main and my warrior will be my primary alt, probably for grouping only.

Got into some leveling orc hill groups, and it was an interesting experience. Some were good, some were bad. I find that being forced to orient myself in places without a map, having to be aware of the higher level mobs, and grouping with people in spots makes me actually care about the place in a way modern MMO rush-through content doesn't, no matter how great it looks.

At lvl 6, so far it seems my best option for leveling is to group. Alternatives would be carefully trying to hunt single orcs if they split up, or killing a billion bugs. Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Large Bat

I'm also a newbie to EQ, on my second days play today. Wood Elf druid. I got a bit of wanderlust and ended up doing my first zoning, into is it Lower Feydark? Wandered around hitting loc every few seconds, until a Skeleton took a shine to me and while running from it another mob casted on me and took 100+ hp off, insta kill. Thankfully the corpse run back was uneventful, having stuck to the zone wall on my little explore first time in.

Some kind soul watched me waving a club at bats and gave me a scimitar & shield, just like that. What a lovely gesture!
Closed Thread