Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not do both? Seriously though, long time ago when I had nuffin I got my first wad of cash by porting. Could do like 2k an hr if you were good. It really does suck though.
"If you were good?" Not sure what that means heh. Not sure either how you could make 2k an hour from porting alone. I think what most DaP people don't understand is that they would make a lot more money if they just level up at cash camps and then farm when they are higher level.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Boozi is obviously a a dickhead by what he said, just look at the logs. He got his tip and didn't even apologize after he tried to say he didn't get paid. fuckin neckbeard
Old 08-23-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to be out of your mind to port people around for hours to get 0-30pp tips. I would rather punch myself in the balls for 5 hours straight.
Rarely I'll do ports on my wizard. Generally if I am near a spire and heading out I'll check if someone wants a ride with me.

Last four tips were 20, 30, 5 and 0pp. Seems about average in my experience.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Post continued:

So when I port I'm happy to do it as a convenience for others if it is little inconvenience to me, but I never can do it with the mindset of doing it for hours to earn plat. I'd rather just kill things that drop fine steel / xp.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"If you were good?" Not sure what that means heh. Not sure either how you could make 2k an hour from porting alone. I think what most DaP people don't understand is that they would make a lot more money if they just level up at cash camps and then farm when they are higher level.
It means know where to bind, what ports are most desirable, and generally how to make the most out of it. If you think you will make 2k an hour sitting in EC spamming OOC you are mistaken. It can be done but it sucks and there are definitely better ways to make money. I also never required a donation like some of the DaP pricks.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It means know where to bind, what ports are most desirable, and generally how to make the most out of it. If you think you will make 2k an hour sitting in EC spamming OOC you are mistaken. Pickups and custom ports are where the bigger money is at. It can be done but it sucks and there are definitely better ways to make money. I also never required a donation like some of the DaP pricks.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It means know where to bind, what ports are most desirable, and generally how to make the most out of it. If you think you will make 2k an hour sitting in EC spamming OOC you are mistaken. It can be done but it sucks and there are definitely better ways to make money. I also never required a donation like some of the DaP pricks.
Hmmm, but if done correctly you can make that plat while actually leveling your character up. I guess if someone didn't feel like exping maybe that would make sense. Oh and I hate EC, I just pop in and auction a couple valuable items and pop back out. Usually people will hit me up later because they checked p99auctions.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

I am the same as far as not requiring donations for ports. Sometimes I will even shout "free ports!" Just to cock block a DaP member who has just advertised in ooc.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post continued:

So when I port I'm happy to do it as a convenience for others if it is little inconvenience to me, but I never can do it with the mindset of doing it for hours to earn plat. I'd rather just kill things that drop fine steel / xp.
Yeah, I am the same. If I am leaving an area I am willing to port people. If I'm in the middle of exping then no, I don't care how much you offer I'm not leaving. I think I started doing this when some guy sent me a tell while I was exping/getting plat off of hill Giants in rathe mountains when I was around lvl 40. He wanted me to port and pick up a cleric, have us run from butcher block to felwithe and get him rezzed. He was some 50+ that had died exping off of guards apparently. After this big old mission that took 20+ minutes he gives me 50 plat. Lol. He knew that I came from rathe mountains. What a cheapskate. After that I no longer port people unless I am about to leave an area.
Closed Thread