Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Kobold

Default Mac + Wineskin + freezing when idle

I run EQ on my fairly new macbook pro (only a year old). The game generally runs great. I used the P1999 forum thread to set up EQ on my Mac (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56238). I run EQ with Wineskin.

The one problem I am consistently having is the game freezing. If I don't do anything in game for about 5-10 minutes (move my character, change the view, open inventory, etc.) my EQ freezes up and I have to force quit and restart P1999. If I am actively moving my character or doing something in game, I can play for hours and hours without any issue. It's just frustrating when I want to go AFK for a few minutes and come back to a locked up game.

I'd like to continue using wineskin and not have to use windows in a VM or using Bootcamp. Does anyone else have this issue or know what could be causing this problem?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Does your monitor go to sleep during this afk, a lot of times if the gfx card turns off and back on EQ doesn't like that. The same with network dropping crashes EQ. Set your monitor to a long display shut off and turn off allow my computer to turn off monitor to conserve power.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Kobold

No - my monitor does stay on the entire time but I will check all my power saving options. Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Kobold

I checked all my power saver settings and still no luck. Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 09-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Aviak

have same issue, did you ever solve it?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Kobold

Nope, still have the freezing issue...
Old 10-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Orc

Same issue here, anyone have suggestions?
Old 10-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Orc

So far I've turned off all power savers, changed to Full screen mode, turned off screen saver and toggled wake wifi in mac settings. Nothing seems to keep it from freezing.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:25 PM
Banned

I run the game on a Mac using Winegum. I also can run EQLive on a mac using winegum. Only issues I really had was gamma. But that's easy to solve.

I found that sometimes when logging in it losses connect to the server after u press "play" at server select and you have to crash the client and try again because it's frozen up. However, I leave my trader on for days at a time and the mac's monitor goes into idle mode.... 9/10 times when I come back my trader is still standing there.

It sounds like you have a graphics problem i.e direct-x; or your wineskin isnt setup properly. Have you made sure your current skin is compatible with your current OSx as you have to remake the skin to suit the updated osx i.e El Capitan.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Banned

I will upload my skin if you want; I just need 2 double check how to remove any reference to my macs name/my name etc.

Lotta creepy weird fucks play this game u kno.