Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Just my 2 cents, but if the GM's opened guide positions to write monthly GM events. That would solve the bordem problem. GM's in live were able to do this all the time. From skellies invading qyenos to Dragons popping in odd zones. Dig deep in the lore and get inventive. Or fix broken quest that should have been fixed in live.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkotron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mercs were the only way to save the game from 1 to max level after SOL fucking brutalized it with shitty design decisions. If players can find leveling group anymore because AA made killed alts forever, then you've gotta go ahead and give people NPC groups.

I couldn't give a shit if people like SOL or POP, those people are morons with terrible taste, that should be totally ashamed at how awful they are at life.

Just because people like something awful doesn't make that thing any less awful, in the most recent election almost as many people voted for Trump as they did for Clinton. Doesn't mean those Trump voters aren't still a bunch of drooly chinned, load in their pants, short bus riding, hick redneck hayseed cousin marrying shitstains. Just like people who like Shadows of Luclin.
Okie dokie. Sorry, I took you seriously for a sec there. Feel free to continue your incoherent rage. Even tears of anger are delicious.
Last edited by fadetree; 11-17-2016 at 04:11 PM..
Old 11-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin release year: 2001

Wow how unclassic, tell me more about how it isnt classic.
I loved Luclin hated PoP and everything after it.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

New idea # 824567 section F:
Shut down all EMU servers for 30 days.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Overall I think if people are tired of the current content it's time to take a break or try something new.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobolamr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been in EK and running back to Rivervale a lot lately, and you take that ramp path to Highpass... But the bottom ends - that could be a good opening to some sort of zone there.
?
I've thought this ever since I was a lvl 16 bard running from qeynos to Freeport for the first time in the early 2000's. Why the shit doesn't that path lead to something!?
Old 11-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Would be cool if it lead to a series of dungeons that connected back to sol a/b, guk and maybe even befallen :3
Old 11-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be cool if it lead to a series of dungeons that connected back to sol a/b, guk and maybe even befallen :3
I mean adding more dungeons would be neat, but there are so many places that no one ever sets foot in, such as Runnyeye. I love that dungeon so much, the goblins are neat with their own banker, a king, etc., deep in their underground city. Maybe if stuff was just revamped a bit, added item drops, new npcs, that would make it so places like Runnyeye were populated again.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Large Rat

TBH this shitposting has gotten kinda ridiculous.
First of all, I never said I was bored or disliked EQ in any way, and obviously it should be a separate server, but there's a lot of opportunity here. The purists can play classic EQ, while people who seek more novel experiences, and are more prone to boredom can play on custom-content servers, making the content itself would probably do a lot to alleviate boredom.
Although, the population divide is certainly a valid concern, honestly there isn't much we can do about this. One hand making new content might attract players, but we shouldn't change the foundation of the game to attract players. So, the best solution would be to bring on people who abide by the same ideals that EQ was founded upon, not only muh epic raid and looting shit, but also small details that lots of people take for granted, like tidbits of scattered lore, secrets and exploration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Snow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just my 2 cents, but if the GM's opened guide positions to write monthly GM events. That would solve the bordem problem. GM's in live were able to do this all the time. From skellies invading qyenos to Dragons popping in odd zones. Dig deep in the lore and get inventive. Or fix broken quest that should have been fixed in live.
This is mainly what I was thinking, temporary GM events would do alot to alleviate boredom. They would also serve as a stepping stone for potential writers or content creators, it's a win-win scenario.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samocles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH this shitposting has gotten kinda ridiculous.
Not sure what you expected. This is a ERA based mmorpg server community. Meaning it's set in stone that the servers are based on an exact era of the mmorpg.

What made you think people would be embracing custom content with open arms?

It would be like going into a classical art museum and asking for new or alternative art.
just saying..
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-17-2016 at 11:26 PM..
Closed Thread