Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Banned

I see now that u have already succeeded. Grats
Old 12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks! I often end up choosing between AC And STR, I wonder how much dps gain from going STR 220 -> 250 compared to the defence gained from AC 950 -> 1000?
Old 12-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

1000 ac is pretty hard to get w/ 200 def cap. Once we get the 220 patch... maybe not, but Cecily crushes Zalea in AC atm. I think at your level, just go for nice items. Solid, expense upgrades that do a bit of everything which you'll use for the foreseeable forever. Multistat gear helps a bunch (fiery might / RBG / Eyepatch of Plunder/ BoBenvolence x 2/ Helm of the Tracker). Belt of the Great Turtle isn't a bad idea, but I think its regen still doesn't stack with fungi which sucks.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Im at 950 (with self buffs) now and If I change some eq I can reach 1000 but then I probably looses some 20 STR. I wonder if its worth it.. THink I need to parse STR to see how much damage it actually does +200
Old 12-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Many people have said Rangers will do better DPS than and SK solo, with dual weild and dots etc.. SK's get stronger dots than Ranger and a pet which can act as another dot when fear kiting. Could someone explain why Rangers would do such better DPS?

In Lune's guide he says to use 2h weapons all of the time. I understand Woodman's Staff after 20 if you can afford it. What would be the advantage of using the Silver Swiftblade over Sword of Skyfire until 20?
Old 12-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

I think its harder and more expensive to get weapons with same dps as Ranger?
Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many people have said Rangers will do better DPS than and SK solo, with dual weild and dots etc.. SK's get stronger dots than Ranger and a pet which can act as another dot when fear kiting. Could someone explain why Rangers would do such better DPS?

In Lune's guide he says to use 2h weapons all of the time. I understand Woodman's Staff after 20 if you can afford it. What would be the advantage of using the Silver Swiftblade over Sword of Skyfire until 20?
Generally speaking, if both are using 2h weapons, and all other things being equal, the Ranger is going to pull ahead due to "burst" dps. You have your DoTs ticking, as an SK does, but you also have nukes, buff spell procs (i.e. Call of Fire), etc. And you'll have a higher attack rating due to things such as Firefist, (Greater) Wolf Form, Call of the Predator, etc, meaning less misses.

The SK's DoTs will do more damage *over time*, so if the DoTs run their full length, that'll add up, sure - but it also drains a ton of mana. They can only keep that up for so long before having to stop and med. As for their pet, it's often more trouble than it's worth, and isn't the most reliable form of dps either due to the level disparity.

PS - I wouldn't use the Swiftblade over Skyfire pre-20, unless you really want the skillups. Skyfire + shield to 17, then dual wield to 20 (GJB is another cheap offhander), then you can choose to either go the dual-wield route or the 2hs route (or both, preferably, but not everyone has the funds for that).
I've gone the dual-wield route so far on my guy, which feels more traditional to me, and haven't noticed my dps really lacking next to the guy with the Woodsman's. So to each their own.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Aviak

rangers get higher offensive skill + some decent nuke at higher level to use between swing if using 2 handers

Superranger Uselessranger, 60 Ranger of Azure Guard !
Old 12-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higher combat skills.
Side note, I used dots while soloing basically never (I could see the use while bowkiting, but I didn't do that a ton). You want to save your mana for pulling, buffing, and healing.

Quote:
What would be the advantage of using the Silver Swiftblade over Sword of Skyfire until 20?
Because it's a better weapon. 16/24 obviously beats 10/22. Dual wield brings the SoS closer, and then Silver Swiftblade really starts to suffer at higher levels because it doesn't get the 2H damage bonus, but it's great for low levels.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:18 AM
Fire Giant

Does anyone happen to have the Kallis and Protector of Zek's heads to help me MQ Helm of tracker?
Closed Thread