Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2017, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

BUMP

3 DAYS.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

Question Did the early (june) announcement kill the DAOC Hype?

...did they announce this to early? (I remember a bunch of people and lots of forum posts when Uthgaard first said they was coming out with classic DAOC). Which was like 5-6 months ago. But recently I haven't seen that many talk about it. Guessing since the wait was way longer then what was expected that it may take a week (maybe not) for the launch news to get out to the casual person.

> Quick Paragraph summary of the below -Wall o Text-
aka TL DR
Come play on Uthgaard ! https://uthgard.org/
If You never played DAoC (even better if You have, great nostalgia) then You must try this server launch! If not than you're really missing out on a very fun experience that probably won't occur ever again.
- 2 top p99 guilds are currently suspended so give p99 a break and let the casuals get some big dragons! What do you have to lose? Come try this out at least. Very likely that if you try this out , you will enjoy it.
You can *even play this game casually yet still be very effective...Below I listed a few different ways that this is possible. It should be a refreshing gaming experience for most p99 players. No mass time sink is required to have fun. It is even possible to be a casual player , yet still be relevant even in a pvp fight. Your equipment and RR (RealmRank level = is the DAOC term for a system similar to EQ AA points) does help , but the skills or stat increases (albeit nice) are not game breaking / OverPowered.

Included below are a few facts and info about the game (Lot of fun things are not mentioned due to this already being extremely long)

- This server launch is going to be one of a kind IMO... Dark Age of Camelot server named Uthgaard. https://uthgard.org/

It launches SOON ! Don't miss out! See and feel what it is like to be on MMORPG server when it's fresh and launching with a healthy population. If the hype wasn't killed over time , than this launch will be very popular. (It's very possible that the server will be @ max capacity even , and have a que to join.) With no other classic type option for PvP. This should last at minimum a few months , and has great potential to thrive for a long time.
- The Uthgaard server staff and devs took a lot of time and work to perfect the game to its glory days. This is the first DAoC team to put in mass amounts of work and time to make a near classic server that is bug free and removed/fixed cheats + exploits.

If you never played DAOC when the game was originally released , but you like how MMORPGs was made back in the EQ 1999 days, You should no doubt give this a shot.
It does not have primitive /hard to adapt\ controls. It was released around the time Luclin came out. Lots of similarities to EQ1 though , which makes switching between EQ/DAoC feel easy. The UI / crafting and other things like that (auction house) are built well to avoid annoying issues- iirc everything is very customizable.
The gameplay is more close to EQ then WoW vanilla was.
DAOC has its own unique feeling but shares a few similarities to classic EQ. This is a game IMO that every p99 player should try , especially if you never tried it.

- has the EQ feeling PvE wise including solo/grp dungeons and A dragon.
But instead of a grindy rinse repeat one option feeling why you level , You have the option to also PvP for EXP!
- EX :* at around level 19 you can get a port and enter in a keep battle that is built for levels 19-24 only. Guilds can claim the keep and upgrade it to defend. Enjoy defense? blow up people that want to take your Keep. Or You could be on offense riding in a siege ram and then slay the castle Lord to take over the keep.These specific level locked keeps are not in the open world , they are in their own zone and it is a full time ongoing battle . /lock exp can be used so You could lock yourself at lvl 25 . Locking lets you get all the best gear for that level range ie. you can twink (something that is sorely missing from new age MMO ) and then have fun dominating. The lower level keeps count toward the relic bonus for your realm so it's not meaningless at all and some are very contested . If iirc and the lock feature is in game , Lots o players will lock characters to fight for their realm.

- The PvE (like soloing) is similar to EQ1 and is just as addicting. The PvP is so well made for its time that in its prime (I believe Uthgaard will attract more than enough players to experience what it was like during the game's best era) It is one of the best PvP experiences to date (I would vote this and Warhammer Online as the top 2 PvP experiences. IMO) The PvP is nicely balanced , every class has its own useful skill and they each have a weakness/counter so no one is really **OP.

- Unique graphics and spell effects . The spell effects look better or (at the least) on par with p99.

- If you like crafting than You will love this game. You can even craft stuff that is best in slot! Crafters matter and also make big money in this game.

- There are just a few "raid" npc in the game. It is possible to PvE to 50 but with the population an being in the classic era it will be faster and more fun to PvP for xp.
+ iirc There is 1 dragon to raid.
Has "epic" weapon quests to do. The PvP (RvR) are one of the best aspects of the game. You fight over Keeps and steal the Relics, and if your realm controls enough then your entire realm gets a bonus to stats and xp and this also earns you the right to zone into Darkness Falls. Which is a zone that is like the best dungeon. DF is a big zone and starts with lower level NPC , and goes all the way to raid - max level bosses. Only the realm(team) that is currently in the lead get the ability to zone in DF.

- If you never played Warhammer online or DAOC than You are missing out! Yet You can at least experience DAOC soon!
The Realm vs Realm - IMO due to the population of the server- , is gonna have some very epic and big battles coming soon! Get ready ~
Old 01-04-2017, 01:53 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Banned

PvE in daoc was easy.
1-50 in 2 months casual no q's asked.
Also you're a faghot if you're anything but Midgard.
Cya in game fools.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Kobold

will there be more character wipes then?
Old 01-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
will there be more character wipes then?
Uthgaard will do a server wipe Camelot Launch countdown- on launch day then there will be no wipe for the year + (2/3 year).\
With the server being a rare classic rollback that will add to the servers longevity.
The server is Old Frontiers, No SI at release but has SI classes included at release, expansion will be released later down the road.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Is Scrooge still around and is there a guild still being built on Hibernia? I might give this another shot.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Scrooge still around and is there a guild still being built on Hibernia? I might give this another shot.
I am still around, however that roster I built up for the beta 8 months ago needs to be re-done. Alot of the people on it, either moved on or got tired of waiting for the server to come back up. It didn't work out so well last time cause I wasn't able to play in the beta, and no one else wanted to organize a P99 guild.

Easiest way to get it going; just copy the roster from my 8 month old thread on these forums, see if those same people are still interested in playing together.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread