Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Gratz.

Welcome to the server.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-13-2017, 01:17 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have windows 10, and had to install in C directory in p99 own folder, not in windows etc folders... And BOOM no more errors. Perhaps this may work for yas....
I kno its frustrating =/
Still getting the Error 1017, cannot connect or you may need to run the patcher. I tried installing DX 9.0c, but my comp wont let me since I have a newer version. Gmae jjust boots me back to login everytime I try and launch.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I came here to suggest installing it into C:\Everquest or whatever. Worked great for me on Windows 7 and great for my friend on her Windows 10 laptop.

I remember when I downloaded the P99 zip patch, that I had to extract the files directly into the folder. I couldn't open the zip, select all, and copy/paste, this would glitch it out.

Fresh install in C:\Everquest. Download the p99 zip. EXTRACT them into the EQ folder. Make sure the game resolution matches your desktop resolution. Attempt running first in non-full screen. Set all as admin. Disable Avast/AVG/Anti-virus or make sure that the C:\Everquest folder is EXEMPT from blockage. This was on Windows 10 with Avast, the Avast fire wall had to be told to completely ignore ANYTHING in the EQ folder.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:55 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I came here to suggest installing it into C:\Everquest or whatever. Worked great for me on Windows 7 and great for my friend on her Windows 10 laptop.

I remember when I downloaded the P99 zip patch, that I had to extract the files directly into the folder. I couldn't open the zip, select all, and copy/paste, this would glitch it out.

Fresh install in C:\Everquest. Download the p99 zip. EXTRACT them into the EQ folder. Make sure the game resolution matches your desktop resolution. Attempt running first in non-full screen. Set all as admin. Disable Avast/AVG/Anti-virus or make sure that the C:\Everquest folder is EXEMPT from blockage. This was on Windows 10 with Avast, the Avast fire wall had to be told to completely ignore ANYTHING in the EQ folder.

How do I change the game resolution? In the properties, it has 600x800, but my monitor will not go that low.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtmike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I change the game resolution? In the properties, it has 600x800, but my monitor will not go that low.
You can change it in the eqclient.ini file towards the bottom, mine looks like this:

WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
Width=1920
Height=1080
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WinEQWidth=1920 (this is for wineq2)
WinEQHeight=1080 (this is for wineq2)

If you can get to the account login screen of EQ you can change it there under options.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can change it in the eqclient.ini file towards the bottom, mine looks like this:

WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
Width=1920
Height=1080
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WinEQWidth=1920 (this is for wineq2)
WinEQHeight=1080 (this is for wineq2)

If you can get to the account login screen of EQ you can change it there under options.
Oddly, my EQclient isn't an ini file. Weird.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtmike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oddly, my EQclient isn't an ini file. Weird.
Either looking at the wrong file, or try turning file extensions on in your folder options. The icon looks like one of these for ya https://www.google.com/search?q=ini+...w=1920&bih=988