Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

As a necromancer, I guess spells, bone chips, food and drink? Plus a few sow potions perhaps?
Old 04-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a necromancer, I guess spells, bone chips, food and drink? Plus a few sow potions perhaps?
I need gear dude
Old 04-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need gear dude
Why?

Seriously, I've leveled a druid to 39 just fine virtually nekid save for his Goblin Ghazughi Ring. And my level 60 shaman? Still wearing multiple ringmail pieces (see Magelo below).

Melees need gear, casters just need mana (and key class-specific items like that ring or the JBB).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Orc

Buy some 5/55s, quest a harvester for fashion, cast call of bones to conceal your genitalia

You are now a Necromancer
Old 04-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need gear dude
Are you tanking a lot, or do you not have enough mana to last fights?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

Guards.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you tanking a lot, or do you not have enough mana to last fights?
It's a mix of not enough HP or Mana, I can easily run out of mana, and if I get resisted 2+ times I usually have to FD or die. I love having call of bones up but if I cant continuously kill stuff I usually start most fights at 50%~ HP which can be dangerous.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Orc

Dude, all of these people are giving you reeeally solid ideas and you're shooting them all down with lame excuses. I get that some of these ideas don't fit into your particular play style or are not quite up to par with the value you put on your own time, but it sounds like you need to relax your standards and do what's available to you. Your highest toon is lvl 40. These are the options available to you at that level. Take them or leave them.

Stuff takes time in classic Everquest. There is no get rich quick scheme. Except for the occasional lucky jackass and the folks who RMT, most of the people who have a lot of plat had to work really damn hard to get there.

Grind out some wisps, either on wisp isle and then run or get a port to NK, or just stay in NK (sounds like it's sixes either way you swing it) until you have enough to buy those (cheap but good) items listed above, then maybe you will have enough mana to start doing some of the harder stuff.

Or go do Misty Thicket guards. Maybe there will be other folks camping them (MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online for a reason), just ask if you can share the spawns (You take these, I'll take those). It is 100% not the same as camping some item because each guard you kill gives you a set amount of plat and that adds up.

Also, if you're running out of mana/hp before a mob dies in a fight then you have three options: Adjust your strategy, find a partner or a group, or go fight weaker mobs. There is no way around that, no matter what your excuse is. Gear will help a little, but it is not the magic bullet that will solve all your problems.

I genuinely hope you can find a strategy that works for you, because this is a game and it needs to be enjoyable for you.

Good luck out there!

-Mahoot
Old 04-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, all of these people are giving you reeeally solid ideas and you're shooting them all down with lame excuses. I get that some of these ideas don't fit into your particular play style or are not quite up to par with the value you put on your own time, but it sounds like you need to relax your standards and do what's available to you. Your highest toon is lvl 40. These are the options available to you at that level. Take them or leave them.

Stuff takes time in classic Everquest. There is no get rich quick scheme. Except for the occasional lucky jackass and the folks who RMT, most of the people who have a lot of plat had to work really damn hard to get there.

Grind out some wisps, either on wisp isle and then run or get a port to NK, or just stay in NK (sounds like it's sixes either way you swing it) until you have enough to buy those (cheap but good) items listed above, then maybe you will have enough mana to start doing some of the harder stuff.

Or go do Misty Thicket guards. Maybe there will be other folks camping them (MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online for a reason), just ask if you can share the spawns (You take these, I'll take those). It is 100% not the same as camping some item because each guard you kill gives you a set amount of plat and that adds up.

Also, if you're running out of mana/hp before a mob dies in a fight then you have three options: Adjust your strategy, find a partner or a group, or go fight weaker mobs. There is no way around that, no matter what your excuse is. Gear will help a little, but it is not the magic bullet that will solve all your problems.

I genuinely hope you can find a strategy that works for you, because this is a game and it needs to be enjoyable for you.

Good luck out there!

-Mahoot

Couldn't agree more with everything Mahoot said.

If you want to farm plat at that level, you need to understand that the hot spots are going to be contested.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Spend your time leveling and more plat making options will open up to you. Won't take long and you'll be able to kill seafuries all day all night.
Closed Thread