Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tell me again what rules are being broken during the soccer game?

Can anyone translate what 'parking a truck in front of the goal' in terms of EQ mechanics is...?

Seems like a bunch of nonsensical complaining, as far as I am aware anyone playing on the soccer field follows the commissioners rules because typically the games are always being watched.
I'm sorry analogies confuse you.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole idea of "competing" needs to be deconstructed. It's really just griefing other players by denying them dragons to kill.

That there's some value in that sort of "competition" is an impressive delusion. Not sure why the staff here enables it.

Then again it is classic.
It's definitely classic. Although it's worse on here because even on live people weren't poopsocking individual NToV dragons (except Vulak) because they usually cleared yardtrash and usually stuff like Lendi was up.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's definitely classic. Although it's worse on here because even on live people weren't poopsocking individual NToV dragons (except Vulak) because they usually cleared yardtrash and usually stuff like Lendi was up.
Live also experienced new content, which kept the guilds progressing through, leaving older content for people that hadn't progressed yet.

This won't happen here, making this servers Raid experience very much not classic.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQsale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall years ago that if one guild acquired so many bans/suspensions that rogean would force that guild too disband and or the suspensions would double each time actually meaning something

Wtf is with these limp 10 day bans??
OP is still heated that he lost his green scale to Wulli and left AM / got shown the door. then app'd to awakened and got shown the door there too. Maybe one day you'll cooldown bra.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Hey their has been perma bans lately. Soft hell if they are soft ANYTHING BUT. What would be the point in making a whole guild disband. So the same people make another guild? OR with that point lets say they do make AW and AM disband. Would you really like to see AM and AW merger into one guild called *whatever name. Their would really be no spawns left for the casuals to kill. All the top guilds in Kunark merged into what is known as AM and AW and with two guilds being in control their is less content to go around vs when their was 10 hardcore guilds fighting over everything the guilds not knowing what the others where doing had each other running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Know back when a casual guild could get a kill in because the hardcore raiders where worried about each other. The problem is their is only two hardcore guilds. If everyone is so worried SOMEONE start a hardcore guild to throw in a curve ball.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Their is there and there is their, capisce?
Old 04-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their is competing, and then their is breaking the rules. Competing does not get you Raid banned. Just saying.
Accidentally training a group of people who are still forming and not even looking to pull a mob into camp is a suspension, not sure how it's cheating though. Cheating would require you benifiting from your actions in some way. With the 1 hour FTE there is no reason to train another entity on purpose but accidents are still punishable.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

+1 on Ned's sentiments.

It's literally an 8 year social experiment in understanding why all mmorpgs to follow went directly to instancing and avoiding any form of the scarcity model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 on Ned's sentiments.

It's literally an 8 year social experiment in understanding why all mmorpgs to follow went directly to instancing and avoiding any form of the scarcity model.
Even so, newer MMOs are equally addictive.

Just because the games are running instances, or have other systems of loot doesn't diminish the fact your dopamine receptors get flushed by pixel rewards.

Every MMO after EQ1 I played has had addictive qualities to them. If they didn't, they would not be as successful as they are.

Anyone that logs into SWTOR, EQ2, EQ1 Live, or any other active MMO who says they are not addicted are in denial.

I aint judging people who play these types of games, as I play them myself.

I am just saying no MMO gamer should feel self-righteous because they no longer play p99, or EQ1, or any other MMO because in all honesty they are no better (or worse.)

We just people doing what people do.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their is competing, and then their is breaking the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclements87 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey their has been perma bans lately.

Their would really be no spawns left for the casuals to kill.

The problem is their is only two hardcore guilds.
http://www.grammar.cl/english/there-their-they-are.htm
Closed Thread