Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Default City of Mist: Abnormal Black Reaver trains

I've noticed lately in City of Mist that the house that holds the Black Reavers will periodically train out (Black Reaver + surrounding mobs) without any clear indication of why. The train runs out but doesn't initially aggro moat group, so it's not them.

Today I was in a group at Temple and all of the sudden we got a Reaver train which headed right for us. It was quite clear that we had aggroed it from Temple area somehow. I think the exact trigger was 'Solon's Bewitching Bravura' being cast from the Temple ground on a mob on top of the first story of the temple. About 1-2 minutes later the uninvited guests showed up. Perhaps that's where the cause of these odd trains lies?
Old 03-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Still an issue. Happened again twice today
Old 03-09-2018, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

The roamers on the second floor walking across the ramparts will chain aggro on the mobs on the top room in the temple if you pull at the wrong moment. It happens quite frequently. It trains the moat group because the mobs on 2nd floor that you chain aggro'd had to run all the way around the zone and out through the black reavers at moat.

I don't think this is a mechanical bug of any sort since its been going on since kunark launch you just need to be careful with your timing pulling that top room of temple or don't pull it at all.

Edit : this has been used as a form of griefing moat groups for years
Last edited by Bones; 03-09-2018 at 02:30 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Second floor mobs being the cause makes sense.

It also happens with temple mobs who are on top of the stairs (so not the top room) though. Would be nice to get a response from a staff member whether it's something that will/can be fixed or not. If it's not, then it'll just remain a fun feature of the zone.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:14 PM
Skeleton

The main cause is 2nd floor PCs agroing mobs that train through the locked door at the moat. I have also seen yo-yoing behavior from levitating PCs camping the ramp.

But you are correct that it is possible to push mobs through the wall at the stairwell of the gazebo. They'll jump to the 2nd floor and in all likelihood, you and the rest of the zone will be unhappy with the result.