Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

Default Why did you pick your class?

I picked a bard because when I joined the server I had initially wanted to roll a beastlord as it was one of the few classes I had never played at higher levels on live and I remembered them being very easy to solo with, but of course this server was only classic content 1-50 at the time, not progression based as I had thought (reading is fundamental kids) so beastlord was not, nor ever will be an option. From the classes available I decided bard because the highest bard I had on live was 56, a supertwink alt, and had been powerleveled for most of those levels. I wanted to play something fun, with lots of utility, and that I didn't have hundreds of days /played with. In addition to having utility I thought that just starting out only having 1 song to worry about per level(unlike casters), and not being overly gear dependent (pure melee) would be a pretty sweet advantage for somebody with no money.

Why did you pick your class as a main? Was it what you played on live? Was it a practical decision? Your buddy needed a good class to duo with his warrior so you picked cleric? What's the story behind your class? Are you happy with it?
Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

I've always played a Ranger since the start.

I feel weird playing any other class. Just a creature of habit, I guess.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Because Necro's are OP and I knew it was EZmode to farm plat for a fun class.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

started out as an SK because I knew a few people who told me how in demand tanks were, enjoyed it well enough I suppose but never really loved it, always had a mage alt when I played EQ live and it was always the class i had the most fun with, so when I grew bored with the SK I never really wanted to roll in the first place I went with a mage, and I am absolutely loving it, super fun class to both solo and group with.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Aviak

I started a rogue because I had never played a melee class in Eq before; actually had never played anything besides my necro and maybe my brother's paladin here and there. I have never been an "alt guy".
So all in all, I'm having lots of fun as it is very different than what I did as a necromancer!

Also, I wanted a melee dps 'cause I just feel doing the dps is whats fun;
didn't get monk because I didn't want to be pulling
didn't pick ranger cause....lol ranger =P
Hateshadow Lifebane, 67 necro of <Fleur de Lys>
Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Kobold

Playing an Iksar Nec because that's what I played on Live and couldn't imagine playing anything else, at least yet. I never got all the way to 60 (56 when Luclin came out and my interest died) so I'd like to take this char there and get the epic duck head scythe too.

An alt will probably be a chanter. It would be nice to play a class other people actually want in groups.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

also, I forgot to mention, the main reason for picking SK then mage is that my true class of choice is not available here... Berserker ftw! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Orc

i made a magician becasue iv'e always been a mage and always loved it. that class just feels so complete in its role and very good at soloing.

then i rolled a rouge because i have never been a all melee char in any mmo ive ever played. having alot more fun with the rouge then i expected thought i would lose interest but so far its alot of fun.

i want a bard but its a hard class to play without at least a littlebit of money invested in gear and my highest lvl char is 20 right now so that wont be for a long time
Old 04-17-2011, 03:27 AM
Kobold

i decided when i came here (first time on a non pvp server) that since there was no pvp i would need a class with FD. and then i decided that a necro would be a better first char than a monk because of gear needs with the monk.

oh, and i dont hate myself enough to play a SK.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Necro, because playing a paladin sucked ass the first time through. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread