Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which warrior race is the best!
Ogre 139 41.87%
Troll 29 8.73%
Halfling 29 8.73%
Gnome 27 8.13%
Dwarf 18 5.42%
Barbarian 17 5.12%
Iksar 35 10.54%
Wood Elf 12 3.61%
Half Elf 11 3.31%
Dark Elf 10 3.01%
Human 5 1.51%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I'm a dark elf warrior, and I can tell you from experience that they kick at least 1000% more ass than any other race

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 04-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Human anyone?
Hateshadow Lifebane, 67 necro of <Fleur de Lys>
Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

In all seriousness. As a pure tank, Ogre will be the best (just make absolutely sure you add in those 5 points of agility at creation).

From an ease of play standpoint (as much as I hate to say it) Halfling would be the best. Hide/sneak as racial abilities are incredibly useful for a warrior, they have decent starting stats, and with the additional xp bonus (on top of warriors xp bonus) you can get the most out of ever mob that your groups kill. And you don't get stuck while running through dungeons the way an ogre/troll/barb would.

But I hate halflings (it stems from bad experiences on live where 9 out of 10 halflings were complete r-tard druids), so I'd rather roll a wood elf and exchange sneak for forage while stilll having hide. Albiet, subpar stats.

If any other race granted sneak as a racial, i'd probably go with that race instead.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Kobold

the lack of darkelf is horrible! they are the best warriors hands down.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness. As a pure tank, Ogre will be the best (just make absolutely sure you add in those 5 points of agility at creation).

From an ease of play standpoint (as much as I hate to say it) Halfling would be the best. Hide/sneak as racial abilities are incredibly useful for a warrior, they have decent starting stats, and with the additional xp bonus (on top of warriors xp bonus) you can get the most out of ever mob that your groups kill. And you don't get stuck while running through dungeons the way an ogre/troll/barb would.

But I hate halflings (it stems from bad experiences on live where 9 out of 10 halflings were complete r-tard druids), so I'd rather roll a wood elf and exchange sneak for forage while stilll having hide. Albiet, subpar stats.

If any other race granted sneak as a racial, i'd probably go with that race instead.

Ogre Warriors have a 75 Agility base.
Ogre SKs dont... I made the mistake of leaving it at 70, so i gotta make sure i got 75 agi through gear lol. Isnt too hard with Djarns Amethyst Ring. CRs are the only time i got 70 Agi.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't have voted for Dark Elf if you had included it in the poll, and I am a Dark Elf Warrior. I'll admit it, we suck. We lack STR/STA, but unlike just about every other race, we don't make up for it with DEX. Our AGI is decent, but some other races have more. Certainly the majority of people who choose it as a race are just saying "eff the system" and picking it because they want to be different. Anyway, with my 100+ unbuffed INTELLIGENCE, I can totally beat you in mana pool - if I had mana. But I don't, so yeah.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 04-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Aviak

Halfling in 2nd place, obviously people have done their homework.
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Aviak

Oops, I forgot humans too - lol. Wish I could edit polls.

Is it 75 or 80 agi needed to not get the Ac pent? i thought it was 80.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre, definitely. But my short-lived warrior (before I decided I'd rather have a paladin tank) was a halfling because halflings are my favorite race. They also have a lot of DEX, which is nice. I'm not sure how useful sneak/hide are when they're capped at 50 (and hence fail a lot), but it's a nice little bonus, I guess.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oops, I forgot humans too - lol. Wish I could edit polls.

Is it 75 or 80 agi needed to not get the Ac pent? i thought it was 80.
After 75 you get diminishing returns from what I understand. My SK has like 84 Agi even with a base of 70.
Closed Thread