Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Skeleton

Default Dear Modus

Frankly I dont not know you and after last night do not wish too.

BUT I cant understand why anyone would fear a FG whilst engaged unless to cause complete mayham ?? and trying to defend your actions after logs posted and hard eveidence stinks of a frighted child thats been 'found out'.

I have never called for 'banning' of anyone but sir, your actions were intensional, with malice and forthought.

Moderators get rid of this plauge on our blossoming community

Imor.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Kobold

I have to jump in here

I'm not going to take sides. I wasn't there, but I'm very familiar with that camp. I've done it plenty of times and know all the bugs with the geometry quite well.

First I want to take a look at the picture

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The mobs here are not from anywhere near Frenzy. It's not likely a frenzy would get feared and path that far out anyways. There are too many mobs here and the group had been clearing most of it. I walked up a few minutes after they died and stuff still hadn't respawned so the mobs were down around the area.

It would be nice if one of the people in the group could verify one of them was a pet class. If so, then I know what happened. It has happened to me a few times in that room. I won't send a pet into that room because of it. What happens is the pet gets under the world as does the mob in the frenzy area and they aggro a completely different part of the dungeon, bring all the mobs in between with them. It happens all the time at that camp. From the picture, that looks to be what happened.

It also happens on the stairs down from savant as well as the sentinel stairs. It's quite common.

Quote:
By your statement, a mage who camps out should have a probability of a pet staying around when I get back. I've never had that happen - and I've been around longer than you. I think you got your sequence of events mixed up.
Charm doesn't necessarily work that way to be honest. This comparison is apples and oranges. What he describes is entirely plausible. If you die or zone while a charmed mob is fighting something, it will continue to fight until one of them is dead. If he camped and came right back, I could very well see a bug like what he describes being possible. I've seen some similiar screwy stuff with charm myself. Mobs warping ect.

That's just my two cents. I don't think there was anything intentional. Just a misunderstanding with a very buggy room
Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It's not nice to pick on modus because he isn't that good at the game brew."

This. I didn't train you guys, in fact I was just about to log and checking LGuk camps before I did so. You became rude, shouting insults and derogatory comments my way for no apparent reason, and you wiped due to a pathing bug I'm guessing. I forgot to buy Fear, I'm still a newbie when it comes to these things. Don't throw stones in a glass... dungeon?

Modus
More lies eh?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More lies eh?
I never bothered to buy fear or use it on my enchanter

I can't imagine any enchanter who would
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

yeah just now he's probably thinking to come up with a reasonable alibi.

you can come up with something better than that. come on, ignore the previous one and make a new one. maybe we'll believe you then.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Large Rat

Its players like this that turn away some prospective people that might be interested in playing the game...GM's Really need to atleast suspend him. Hes such a fucking douchebag

Facebook: Send me a PM here before you Invite me

http://www.facebook.com/michael.west...e&id=623978688
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Sarnak

I am gonna back up Modus in saying that there is a strange bug with charmed pets. I have seen it in fear first hand where if a NPC was charmed and the charming char died the pet would continue to fight other NPCs and create what we called a "Civil War" in Fear.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Kobold

This is complete utter bullshit and a waste of everyone's time involved. Countless people on a daily basis can attest to my respect of claimed camps, and lack of knowledge in playing the classic everquest enchanter.

Your baseless accusations stem from a frustration in failing to master mechanics of a complex, and often buggy game - don't worry, we'll get better together.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Sarnak

THERE IS NO RULE AGAINST FEARING MOBS GO QQ SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Skeleton

Default Dear Modus

Sir,

If there is rule about fearing an engaged mob I do appoligise.

If there is Ban him

cos thats what he did

Imor
Closed Thread