Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, except they’re buff bots/situational charmers on raids. Not at all melee turn on auto attack. Want to stay active at 60? Roll a monk/bard as I see you already have.

I posted a thread about the most fun class at 60. Rangers actually won by a long shot, with bards coming in second. Enchanter was maybe mentioned once? 90% of what made you love your enchanter isn’t carried into the end game. If you’re cool with that, roll it but velious clearly favors melee classes.
I raid in a top end guild and categorically refute that enchanters have to be buff bots. I am plenty active and play a critical role on raids. Then I get to go and solo damn near anything I want.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raid in a top end guild and categorically refute that enchanters have to be buff bots. I am plenty active and play a critical role on raids. Then I get to go and solo damn near anything I want.
I haven't played in forever, but chanters are certainly more than buff bots and could be a force in FTE races back in the day. Not sure if they still do those though.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

The recent TOV changes have made every class included again. The raid isn't min/maxed with the poverty attitude that only those who make that work are needed.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Playing an enchanter is plying playing everquest with a game geine that has mana.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing an enchanter is plying playing everquest with a game geine that has mana.
Unless there is anything that you can Theft of Thought, then its impossible to actually spend that much mana. Honestly though, Enchanters are busted. They function completely naked and still scale well with gear.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enchanters are extremely boring at 60 in all aspects of the game IMO, except maybe if you want to solo some cool shit and make money. Don’t get me wrong, I loved leveling my enchanter and is my only lvl 60, but just not fun at 60 unless you are really trying to be optimistic like Baylan.

I’d recommend to anyone to start a druid,mage, or enchanter, get rich and then twink out a char that you’ll enjoy more in the end game. For velious raiding, that’s pretty much melee classes, excluding pal/sk, and clerics.

For green? Well I never played classic, but that might be the one exception where cc is so critical to breaking the planes, enchanters should see a lot more action there.
Nothing is really fun at 60 though to be fair. At 60 you're just parking places and filling slots. When the leveling is done, things get pointless fast.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing is really fun at 60 though to be fair. At 60 you're just parking places and filling slots. When the leveling is done, things get pointless fast.
The irony is, I'd argue that the only thing fun at 60 is what you can do with a chanter or shaman haha
Old 06-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

And that's why we all still play this stupid old game, different aspects appeal to different people.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
90% of what made you love your enchanter isn’t carried into the end game.
90% of players don't spend much time in tov or st or whatever. There's shitloads of solo, duo, group, and raid content where enchanters are enchanters.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

After all these years Im just trying to fricking spawn this level 15 little sob brownie.
Closed Thread