Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-19-2019, 01:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=775

this one stating about encumbrance and having higher agi allowed for way more encumbrance

Unbelieveable!
#Jul 23 2002 at 7:51 AMRating: Default
Montanya
68 posts
This has got to be the most insane price by far I EVER seen! Bought 2 of these for 50p at the tunnel one day and My jaw is still dragging on the ground! I rubbed My eyes twice to make sure it wasn't -9 dex or some thing!
Anyway, My Halfling Druid has one and My Barbarian Shaman has the other.... I am still shocked at this price! Any other pc. of equipment with these stats would be a deal @ 200p and more! Take the EX-Hood. that goes for about 150p on My server.
Sometimes I just CANNOT believe the junk that goes for hundreds of Plat and then this pc. goes for 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking "Who the H**L is running this show!!!!!!
Something that I never hear mentioned about high Agi. is that in reality when it comes to carring loot, Agi. translates into Str!!! When You're over weight you loss Agi!!! Soooo if Your Agi. is high you can carry like 50lb.s over weight and still not, slow down running,still able to dodge with reasonable ability, ect. ect. just keep it somewhere above 100 & something. I do it all the time. My Halfling has low Str. but His Agi. is very high so I sometimes carry 150 lb.s!!!!! Forget the ac aspect of it...Use it to compensate for Str!!
Old 11-19-2019, 01:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

From all ive seen and tried to fine AGI effects movement speed.. NPC and Players. if you get cripple casted on you by an npc and have less than 75 agi even if not encumbered you should move very slow. im willing to bet the agi threshold is 75 and i doubt you can move at bard speed with 255 agi as one of the posts i found, but clearly it had an effect in some way .. but again i never stacked agi that high back then.. i only was interested in the snare like effect..but in many posts it seems to also some how increase speed as well. If anyone else has information or can find information please do.. but it is very certain that it does effect in some way.

I also do not believe this was commonly known.. it was a new type of game .. and a few people realized it but no one took it to a level of really figuring it out back then A few did and those that did seem to swear by agi.. even finding people making claims its a good idea to strictly make an agi monk.............. ... so yeah ... agi monk /shrug lol
Last edited by Intensifier; 11-19-2019 at 01:44 PM..
Old 11-19-2019, 01:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...55-rogue-guide

I FOUND IT 1999 thing finally no 2002 or 2004 or 2001 material a 1999 one

"Agility: Agility determines two thing in your rogues life, what your Armor Class bonuses will be, and thus how often you will be missed. Another word of caution, Agility does not determine how often you will dodge, or parry, or reposte, just armor class bonus. An example: With an Agility of 110, my Wood Elf Rogue gets 23 points of Armor Class from putting on an armor class 15 small banded tunic. The second thing that agility determines is when you will start to slow down from being overloaded. An example assume you have a natural agility of 130 (Only possible with a Halfling or Wood Elf) and someone casts a spell on you that raises your agility to 150. Also assume that you have a natural strength of 65. You will not start to slow down until you are carrying 86 pounds of stuff. This is because every pound of stuff that you are carrying over your strength reduces your agility by one point, and with each agility point loss beyond your natural agility, you start to lose a small percentage of speed. So being overloaded in the above example, would not have effected you (Other than by dropping off some of your bonus Armor Class points) until you had more overloadedness than you had points of bonus agility."
Old 11-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Managed to find another one yeah i didnt think it increased speed only worked slightly similar to snare..

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5506

Agility- Affects defensive skill ups (Dodge, Parry, Riposte, etc.) Affects the rate of defensive procs proportionately (the higher your Agi, the more chance of you dodging, riposting, etc.) Affects AC (higher AGI will add to your AC, yes). (A higher AGI will not grant you faster movement. Although a lower AGI will hinder your movement. There is a cap somewhere, and it's a very low one.)
Old 11-19-2019, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intensifier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Managed to find another one yeah i didnt think it increased speed only worked slightly similar to snare..

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5506

Agility- Affects defensive skill ups (Dodge, Parry, Riposte, etc.) Affects the rate of defensive procs proportionately (the higher your Agi, the more chance of you dodging, riposting, etc.) Affects AC (higher AGI will add to your AC, yes). (A higher AGI will not grant you faster movement. Although a lower AGI will hinder your movement. There is a cap somewhere, and it's a very low one.)
This should state agi above 120 does not increase speed. Below 70 was a big no no as it was the same as being snared. 75 iirc was base run. But as two lvl 1 starting elfs the toon with higher agi always outran others.

Iirc this was explained somewhere in the prima guide for kunark ( revised and expanded edition )
Old 11-19-2019, 10:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...YUY%5B51-75%5D

Managed to find an old google groups messages.

Sang K. Choe
3/25/00
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:40:53 GMT, vinegar...@hotmail.com (Jim)
wrote:
>O
>>You do know that agl has nothing to do with running speed, right?
>>Please tell me you haven't gotten to SOC level and still don't know
>>this.
>
>\
>OK...Try this....create a wood elf and put all your bonus points into
>agility...... run from kelethin to felwithe and time it. then create
>one with base agility and time it.......you'll eat your words
It makes no difference whatsoever. AGI only affects your speed in
that abnormally low AGI will slow you down. Abnormal being less than
75. The only way to get to less than 75 AGI is:

1. Encumberence.
2. Some of the disease/spell effect reducing agi.
3. Got some major hurt laid on you and you're down to a sliver of
health left.

-- Sang.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

op these posts all refer to the slowdown player characters experience at <75 agi, you can not and never could use this to snare mobs

if you get more agi you can get more encumbered before hitting 74 agi, but you could also just get more str for the same effect + atk
Old 11-20-2019, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

These are all for players, not NPCs, which work on a different system. It would be convenient if this actually worked though...
Old 11-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

wish i could find a post about snaring i remember now why it worked because i had 4 box'd at one point and i would cast the agi debuff from necromancer and shaman.. i wish i could find something on that behalf .. it didnt work like snare in a since .. and am wanting to say it ONLY preventing running away mobs.. but i remember doing it .. but you are right if i cant prove it.. its speculation .. however agi does have an effect of ensnaring a player for 100% certainty .. that part is easy to find.. the encumbering of a mob worked different but it defiantly worked.. the reason i dont think its found too often because if i remember correctly it wasn't viable or costed way too much mana .. as in you need to debuff over 100agi to make any effect ...cripple + necros+Enc to even make it happen... again i cannot prove or find any info on the ensnarement.. wish someone other than me would remember it.. that make me feel better but yes if you debuffed the mobs agi enough they would barely move..it wasnt gamebreaking or a crazy strong mechanic.. but i def gonna continue to look.. when i look through google some of the old websites that are no longer available the text below the link says stuff about it but i cant use that.. i want something more solid that feels evident..
Old 11-20-2019, 07:00 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=306280

at least someone remembers

Old 09-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Enough negative agi on live would snare the mob when fleeing. I don't think it does that here but I haven't tried.

Nice info on AC. All of those together should make a significant difference considering mob AC here.
Last edited by Pringles; 09-04-2018 at 08:47 AM..

Yeah it is easy to find other people who remember this.. just hard to find the proof.. heh

Please make agi do what is suppose to make us suffer a horrible death if too low ... make cripple and stuff casted on us make is scared as hell.. for god sakes we are suppose to be incapacitated or crippled we shouldnt be moving at full speed .. a halfing might be able to handle a crippling effect.. but a dwarf or a ogre nah thats a lot of weight to move around being crippled or incapacitated.
Last edited by Intensifier; 11-20-2019 at 07:07 AM..